ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Classic Mini, 2.0 16V XE conv, Carbon roof etc etc

Definately, I hate xe's with a passion. Such a s**t output for their capacity and they weigh a tonne!

The mini looks cool as fook however :)

CIW

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Track Car
Not normally too keen on 13" wheels on a mini but that does look rather good.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Have you seen the price of the classic minis now?

Talking £3k for a ropey number, and up to £6500 for something decent!!

I paid 500 fo my f**ked one lol

My mate got his for £250, we've spent 6 months re-building it from the ground up using more or less all new parts other than the chassis/shell, engine (was rebuilt) and the subframes. He's spent somewhere in the region of 2k getting to the standard it is today and somebody offered him 5.5k for it last week!

My mates needed a few as well. Ended up asking a bloke who had one sat on a low loader for months for the doors and bonnet, got them for free as this guy was scrapping it. What bits are you after? I'll ask him and see if he has any about, as he had 3 of the things in his garage at one point!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I need two doors and dash trim, I have virtually everthing else covered. It'll be appreciated if you can come up with anything:approve:

If he happens to have a Clubamn fibreglass flip front for sale that'll be a bonus.

I'll speak to him tomorrow, not sure what he's got left as I know he sold a fair bit of it. I'll let you know tomorrow.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Definately, I hate xe's with a passion. Such a s**t output for their capacity and they weigh a tonne!

The mini looks cool as fook however :)

Mapped a caterham super 7 yesterday with an XE which made 242hp at 8500 rpm! With the right bits they go really well!

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Lol at the engine comments. That thing would tear pretty much anything a new asshole. Agree that the weight of them is a negative but they are so tracktable from low down you barely need to change gear in a 600kg car. They are also easily tunable to s**t yourself levels of power in a mini.

e91 330d/type r mini
followed the build thread on the 16vmini forum and that car is stunning, think the colour and the quality of work is outstanding,
i think it has won a few concourse trophies aswell,
i like the comments of how much there worth, might put mine up for sale :)