ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Classic space framed Mini 2.6 V8

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Space frame Mini with a Protech 2.6L v8 (basically 2 hayabusa engines welded together)

We used to race with the owner and his brother in a race series called Heritage Grand Touring Challenge and this car raced as an invitation (was to new and not a classic as such)
They also owned a MK1 Cooper S with a 1430cc engine and stright cut box among other fancy bits.

Both cars where mint and a joy to watch although the space frame car did have alot of problems being a new build.

Anyway, hope you enjoy

Scott.

The space frame car with its carbon body on.

phpThumb.php

Flames.
phpThumb.php

phpThumb.php

There MK1

phpThumb.php

Vids of the space frame car, its epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD8rkuOjEe0&list=FLsCn1PlWg6UZ2mRTnZRsurQ&index=3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRmo55u4Bn4&list=FLsCn1PlWg6UZ2mRTnZRsurQ&index=2

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Propper awsome bits of kit. Love their Cooper S more so than the spaceframe. Looks just like mine only with a different colour roof. Is it 7 or 8 port or full fat twin cam?

Remember looking round these two at Silverstone Classic a few years ago.
Great cars and that V8 one is a monster!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Propper awsome bits of kit. Love their Cooper S more so than the spaceframe. Looks just like mine only with a different colour roof. Is it 7 or 8 port or full fat twin cam?

When it was racing with us it had a MiniSport 7 port head, if i remember correct when they sent the heads away to be ported the casting on the 7 port wasn't very good.

The castings where so poor that they got through quite a few. The car is epic and the Deaths are a very nice pair of chaps.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
When it was racing with us it had a MiniSport 7 port head, if i remember correct when they sent the heads away to be ported the casting on the 7 port wasn't very good.

The castings where so poor that they got through quite a few. The car is epic and the Deaths are a very nice pair of chaps.

Yes the AKM/Minisport iron head is hugely over rated. I built one back in 07/08 and it wasnt that great considering the initial cost of the head casting. It was a very simple conversion though. I'm currently building a 16v 970s which i hope will produce just shy of 130hp at 11,000rpm. It will probably compete in a similar catorgory as theirs.

182cup & 172 racecar
Great name to have on the side of your car. DEATH.

Just needs a little skull and crossbones sticker at the side of it. Perfect.