ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clay

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Clay
Will paint cleanser get rid of a bumpy surface on my CUP'S paint .

I have read that CLAY is the best thing for the job but I've just spent £80 on cleaning products.

P21'S Wax
DT Paint cleanser
Scratch X
some expensive alloy wheel cleaner
And an asortment of cloths applicators & sponges.

I don't really want to spend any more but if its the only thing for the job then I will have to invest in one.

Can you buy it from Halfords??
user_online.gif

106 GTi
Halfords sell the Megs Kit.

Replied in the General Chat post, claying will remove anything stuck to your paint the washing alone wont.

What do you mean when you say bumpy?

Rich said:
Halfords sell the Megs Kit.

Replied in the General Chat post, claying will remove anything stuck to your paint the washing alone wont.

What do you mean when you say bumpy?

The surface just feels a bit rough in places.

I think it must be tree sap or pollen.

I thought paint cleanser did the same job?

106 GTi
Clay will sort that, as on the other thread lol, Paint cleaner will chemically clean ingrained grime off your paint rather than bonded contaminents which will take clay to shift.

Rich said:
Clay will sort that, as on the other thread lol, Paint cleaner will chemically clean ingrained grime off your paint rather than bonded contaminents which will take clay to shift.

Cheer for the advise mate.

Looks like im best off getting some.

Do you need the lubricant as well as the clay and where's the cheapest place on line to buy it.

Sorry