ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clean engine bay - how to??

Hi i was just wondering what people use to keep their engine bays clean and shiney?? What cleaning products etc?? Pictures of results would be nice, cheers:D

106 GTi
Cleaned - Autoglym Enine and Machine Cleaner
Plastics/Rubber -Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care
Under bonnet paintwork - Autoglym Super Resin
Metalwork - Autosol

35P5290011.jpg

35P3210072.jpg

35P3210047.jpg

106 GTi
They are some old pics of my 306 Jay which I had to clean up properly, no point posting the 182 ones as that would be too easy.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Rich, do you use a pressure washer on the engine? or just a hose pipe?
Hot or cold water?
Do you use any form of cleaning brushes? or does this push the chemicals into places it shouldn't go?

sorry ;)

106 GTi
As little water as possible Dan. Spray on the AG Engine and machine cleaner and agitate with a paint brush allow to dwell for a few mins, rinse of using a low pressure flow of cold water from a hose pipe using only as much water as you need to remove the degreaser.

Anything your worried about getting wet, cover with plastic bags and dont spray the hose at! For these parts and clean using some degreaser on a damp cloth rather than spraying it on.

Rich said:
Cleaned - Autoglym Enine and Machine Cleaner
Plastics/Rubber -Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care
Under bonnet paintwork - Autoglym Super Resin
Metalwork - Autosol

cheers mate that looks quality, gunna havta get me some Autoglym :D