ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned/Euro mk2 phase 1 172 rep (Something special for fcs!)

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Re: cleaned/euro mk2 phase 1 (Spaced, streched, slammed more)

Looks pretty decent, the wheels are growing on me now. What colour you getting it?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

The cars wont be getting painted until the end of the year. ive still got abit more work before i can get it sprayed. plus ive got to save all the money up as i dont want a loan. so it will take a while.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

The end is nigh!

Unfortunatly ive decided to move on. I just havnt got the time or the money to carry on the project to the end. So i will be putting the car up for sale as a whole and if i have no interest then i will breaking the car which i really don't want to do as i want someone to finish it. Im sorry to the followers that have kept me going but it will take me 2 years of being skint all the time to get it how i wont it to be. Ive been skint for the past 6 months solid and its getting on my tits. Ill be sad to let it go as its what ive spent alot of time and money on but i hope i can find someone willing to carry it on to its full potential. I will be going to fcs10 on the stand so look out for it with the for sale signs in :(. If anybodys interested in buying the car complete then please pm me to discuss. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ASKING ME TO BREAK PARTS! i will be breaking the car as a last resort and it will be after fcs10 so please no dibs on parts until then. I hope you can appreicate my circumstances and not hate me. See you at fcs10. Tommy

2.0 tsi Scirocco

ah dude that sucks iv enjoyed looking at this thread! hope someone buys it and keeps updating to see how it finally finishes!

if i had the money i would definatly buy it but sadly i dont :(

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Re: cleaned/euro mk2 phase 1 (Now for sale)

Oh no, if i had the money i would buy it and give you it back to finish, just to see it finished the way it was intended!

Whats the plan for the future, another clio?

I'm going to miss tho's wheels !!!!

edit: keep the wheels for whatever you get next!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers for the comments. I hope someone buys it complete too.

will, you can give me charity money if you want;) lol!

Ive got a mk2 golf gti 1.8 16v in oak green so thats going to be my new car. It needs abit of work doing but very minor things. It will look stunning with a bit of tlc. Il start a thread and keep it updated. The money from the clio will partly fund choice mods for the golf. But it will be mainly performance.

Black Clio GT

sorry to sound harsh but why sell it in that state, wont get half as much as its worth.
i would sell the golf and think about maybe moving the goal posts a bit and just paint it silver and get front spacers.

will still be a stunning looking car, enjoy it for the summer then sell it on if your still not happy that its not what you wanted but at least it will be a mint freshly painted car which will have a better chance of at least getting you some money back on....

Iceberg 172

It needs better wheels than the Ronals imo.. they're cheap "i wanna be euro" wheels imo.

I think it will look amazing once you get it painted... but some RM's would finish it off for not much extra cash (in comparison to other splitties!).

MK2 PH1 1.2 5DR

Aw man :( If you don't sell it on here you won't be able to sell it without returning it to standard. You have all the standard parts?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

i want this but cant afford to finish it :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

It needs better wheels than the Ronals imo.. they're cheap "i wanna be euro" wheels imo.

I think it will look amazing once you get it painted... but some RM's would finish it off for not much extra cash (in comparison to other splitties!).

Being able to read ftfw!

I'm agreeing with the other bloke ^^. Whats the point in selling a half finished project just to start another project with the golf??

Did your Mother not teach you anything?? If you're going to do something, do it properly! :nono:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Aw man :( If you don't sell it on here you won't be able to sell it without returning it to standard. You have all the standard parts?

Is he planning on drilling all the filler out as well??

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

The golf needs about £400 spending on it to get it mot'ed, taxed and looking fully original. Its going to cost me in excess of £3,000+ to get the clio sprayed and the bodywork to how i want it.

If anybodys serious in taking the car i want £2,000 (NO OFFERS)
If anyone thinks thats expensive, think of the cost and time thats gone into this. It will cost alot more to get it to the standard it is now yourself.
The clio is taxed, moted and is mechanically sound. Im still using it daily.

Never above 25mpg

The golf needs about £400 spending on it to get it mot'ed, taxed and looking fully original. Its going to cost me in excess of £3,000+ to get the clio sprayed and the bodywork to how i want it.

But if you start modding/restoring the Golf it'll cost you more again, you won't just leave it standard ;)

I do think it was silly to waste so much money if all you were going to do was sell it!

Maybe a rethink? Seeing it in filler has obviously demotivated you so a repsray should surely tide you over feelings wise :star:

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

I know what your saying mate but ill be able to choose when to spend money on the golf were i carnt with the clio because im sick of driving it around the way it is now so each much i over spend to hurry it up but im tired of being skint all the time.

The plan was never to sell it once ide finished it. its just going over budget for me now which i didnt plan for it too. I don't have a credit card i dont want one. I dont want to take a loan out either as ive been there before and lost my job and got stuck for a while with repayments so im not going down that road again. I wish i could finish it but i just dont have the funds or time to do it. Its perfect for some one to finish it off and respray it any colour they want and it would look amazing. If it had the interior retrimmed it would 99% get a feature.

TTRS & V50

Seems a shame, i assume the painting is the bulk of the money that needs to be spent then.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

yer the costs just to get the bodywork done....
respray inside and out £2000
rear fabricated arches £250
petrol cap relocated and flap recess plated and filled £150 + parts
Roof skin fitted £300+
drivers door handle and lock barrell removed and smoothed £50 + price of door popper fitted and supplied £100.

Thats just the outside let alone the retrimmed interior.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

A painter should buy this IMO. Would be easy as feck to finish for someone with a workshop and a bit of sparetime!

Shame to see you selling though mate.

If I were a painter I'd:

Finish bodywork off
Spray outside silver
Leave sunroof
Sport interior or buckets
Simple, and smexy.

TTRS & V50

I know you want it perfect, but does the petrol flap really need to be relocated ?

Whats happening to the rear arches ?

Whats wrong with a good 'ol sunroof, lol.

Agree with the above, i was going to say that in my last post. The thing is with these project, surely you knew these expenses were going to come, so why start ?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Even if i didnt do the roof, rear arches and petrol flap its still £2000 i dont have. I was going to get the respray at work but lately ive seen there work and it is pretty shabby. Ive even had stuff sprayed for mates and they just dont care how it looks when its finished. They said £1000 to spray it but i dont want a shabby job which ill just complain about. I know youl say get it sprayed for a £1000 then sell it sprayed but i dont want my name on the crap job.

TTRS & V50

Whats needing doing to the rear arches and petrol flap to warrant 2k of work ? Sounds like un-needed work.

Do you work in a bodyshop ?

Can't you prep it yourself ? Then just get them to paint it and thats it. I assume you'll be able to strip/fit and then mop it.

Just think its a shame you have come this far and due to money your going to have to sell it for 2k. As im sure it means a lot more than 2k to you.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Does seem a shame to sell it but I understand why you are doing it.

Could you just declare it of the road and store it somewhere, so its not costing you anything (i am presuming you could get a mate to do it for free). Spend £400 to get the golf on the road and use that, then you can really take your time doing the clio and you won't get pissed off driving it round as it is. Also as it is off the road I bet you can do stuff for cheaper, ie take your time over things so you can do them yourself. Plus it means you can buy stuff in stages and spread the cost out more!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

The rear arches were going to have flared metal arches spot welded on to match the front and the rear bumper flared to suit. £250

The petrol cap relocation was going to be moved to the inner door pillar or the boot and the flap recess plated and filled £250ish

The roof skin was going to get fitted to make it a full 172 rep but was to also aid the smoothness. £400

They wernt nessary but it was to set it apart from the rest by going aliitle further. I didnt want to build an average car with a respray.

The £2000 is by ray white a well known guy who was going to do the full respray inside and out including all the prep work and panels taken off and put back on. There would be no point me doing the prep work as if i didnt do it well enough he would have to go over it anyway. I dont work in my bodyshop i work in the parts department.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Does seem a shame to sell it but I understand why you are doing it.

Could you just declare it of the road and store it somewhere, so its not costing you anything (i am presuming you could get a mate to do it for free). Spend £400 to get the golf on the road and use that, then you can really take your time doing the clio and you won't get pissed off driving it round as it is. Also as it is off the road I bet you can do stuff for cheaper, ie take your time over things so you can do them yourself. Plus it means you can buy stuff in stages and spread the cost out more!

I have thought about that alot. I could still do that but the anoying thing is i carnt afford 2 cars. I know youll say keep the golf until its finished then keep the clio but theres no way i could use the clio as a daily which would mean i would need another car. If i was on more money at work i would but thats life i suppose.

Never above 25mpg

No offence but with the Golf being a 20 year old motor, unless it's mint underneath it's bound to need a bit more than £400 of work unless you robbed an old lady blind for it...
That's also my extra tuppence worth (only speaking from experience with the BMW)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

what a waste :( shouldn't of done so much smoothing!

Black Clio GT

getting the arches, roof and petrol cap done is pointless/overkill. i know its what you want but just painting it silver wouldnt detract from the look of the car which would no doubt get you alot of attension on here and at shows.
so £1000 for paint, £300 for full sport interior and £200 on some front spacers that makes it around £1500 to finish the car to a good enough standard to warrent a £3.5k plus asking price....

your only goal with the car seems to be getting it a feature which 99.9 percent of cars on here havnt had but are still enjoyed by other like minded people.....

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

im just not going to bother saying anything to be honest! ide love it if people read the tread properly!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Would be good if someone on here could buy it so we can still get to see it finished!

I think you are probably doing the right thing. If you aren't enjoying it any more for whatever reason then what is the point, get rid!

I would keep the wheels for the golf tho :D

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers Will. Its not that im not enjoying it, its just i would like to be able to go out with abit of money and be able to do more things which currently i carnt because im always skint. If i didnt enjoy it i wouldnt of gone so far with it. Its all down to money.

The lad who i was buying the golf off has just rang me to tell me that he is keeping it now so they can use it for a track car. So im going to be looking for another one.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Are you looking for another golf or are you open to other ideas?

If you want a golf this looks pretty good, http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1579839.htm

Other than that, don't think you could go wrong with another clio, maybe a 172/cup.

Actually that golf is an 8v, think the 16v are meant to be better!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

He said i can have an 8 valve exactly the same colour as that for £300 but its a non runner. I dont really like the colour thou. Im going to have a look at it tonight and have a good nosey around.

Iceberg 172

Steve im selling it lol! but cheers

Sorry mate... I'm another knob who should read the whole thread rather than look at the pics! lol. (but it is like 20 pages!)

Sorry to hear you're selling but I do understand why... tough one.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

lol no worries steve. Im going to my bodyshop tomorow and ill ask him how much to spray everything but the roof the same colour cash in hand off the books.

If he says cheap like £600ish ill get it done in a couple of months. Ive got a tvr door popper switch which ill mount underneath the drivers mirror to pop the door. Ive been quoted £200 to have a industrial strength popper supplied and fitted with them wiring the popper threw the mirror to the switch. So if he says he can do a cheap but good respray then ill get the popper fitted and the drivers door handle and lock removed and smoothed.
Ill keep you posted.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

lol no worries steve. Im going to my bodyshop tomorow and ill ask him how much to spray everything but the roof the same colour cash in hand off the books.

If he says cheap like £600ish ill get it done in a couple of months. Ive got a tvr door popper switch which ill mount underneath the drivers mirror to pop the door. Ive been quoted £200 to have a industrial strength popper supplied and fitted with them wiring the popper threw the mirror to the switch. So if he says he can do a cheap but good respray then ill get the popper fitted and the drivers door handle and lock removed and smoothed.
Ill keep you posted.

Sounds like a plan!

If this works out will you keep it? Also have you thought bout trying to get the whole popper and door unit from a tvr at a scrappy? might be cheaper?