ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaned her and fcuked her

Cupra
Went out this evening to get some petrol and thought I would give the car a quick spray to remove a build up of tree sap, bird sh*t and general muck from the week.

Stuck 2 Euros in the jet wash and the dirt fell off the paint thanks to the polishing and waxing that I did the other weekend. I moved around to the front bumper and gave it a little squirt when my paint work decided it was going elsewhere.....

img060910un.jpg

img062611cs.jpg

Here is the question, I have had the car almost a year, it has a years warrantee from Renault and the day before I picked it up, somebody had driven into the front bumper in the showroom and scratched it. They repaired this for me with a respray and all was fine.

I noticed a few weeks back that the laquer was coming off around the edges on the bumper and figured that they had not done a perfect job.

Should the paint on the bumper just fall off so easily? I was not mms away and blasting to get flies off, I was just passing the water jet over it from 50ish cms away. Can I claim on the warentee or is it my own fault for using a jet wash?

The garage is miles away and I really cant be arsed to go all the way over there to argue it out with them but a resprayed bumper is money that I can well spend on other things!

Advise please!

Mito Sportiva 135
Paint should be able to withstand high pressure and moderate temperature. A pressure washer as used in garages should be perfectly safe, so bad paint job. Go get them mate!

Monaco Blue Mk2
oooh, wafer thin there and poor finish, get complaining. Explain everything but don't tell them about jet wash, just say you were washing normally.

Have they use tissue paper an coloured it in?!!

GET IT BACK TO THEM!!! jetwash or NO jetwash, if its painted correctly it will last forever!!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Take it back to Renault mate . Looks like bad prep work before the respray if its flaked off like that . I wouldn't mention the jetwash tbh , even though jet washes shouldn't affect the paint . i use my powerwasher all the time with no problem so if the paints coming off because you used a jetwash it was bad paint job in the first place .

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
i had the exact same problem with my 172, used a jet wash on the sills after a trip to cornwall and it lifted the paint off the sill. It cost me £60 to get Chipsaway to sort it, my advice though, get it sorted STRAIGHT away, if you don't the area for repair can become massive.

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
had the same problem, company who colour coded my car hadnt degreased area's of my bumpers properly - mainly the edges, the bits that are more difficult and time consuming to degrease. I've still not had it fixed, we're now a year on from when it started happening, and its finally stopped losing bits of paint :(

so in short, take it back, and dont let them refuse to fix it...