ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning glass I keep getting streaks >.<

Hey guys ive Tryed this spray on glass cleaner by some random car company it days spray on and wipe straight off with a paper towel or lint free cloth... Alas I've Tryed both and both times streaks where left... I may use vinegar but obviously comes the risk of making my car smell like a chippy

Advice would be great please guys :)

Nick

Tesco now stock a few 3M products I noticed the other day.

I use AG fast glass works fine a treat for me.

Sounds like the molecules of the product are sticking. Next time, try a glass polish first to rid of all grime and oils. Then glass cleaner. Glass cleaners don't actually clean anything other than dust and water spots. Hence needing something slightly more aggressive like a polish.

I always finish my glass with dodo juice red mist, wether at home or in the car.. No streaks at all for me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Needs a DJ merkin cloth and a decent cleaner.

I also make sure the glass is actually clean like JD said. Even just warm water will clean them up nice.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fast Glass I think is the worst glass cleaner i've ever used.

BG Megane 225
Never had a problem with it Gally, been using it for years... The cream stuff I'd agree is naff, use the Fast glass in the house too..

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Have you ever clayed your glass? It's surprising how much rubbish is on them even after several bits with a glass cleaner, as JD explained. A glass polish will also help to remove a lot if dirt.

If you want to re use the glass cleaner again get a decent cloth, the waffle weave ones like the mint merkin I prefer, spray it once or twice onto the cloth then wipe on the glass

Ahhh possibly going wrong on application? I sprayed the glass lol and was using a jay cloth newspaper and vinegar was also suggested to me I smiled and nodded at the misses mother for suggesting it :) lol I've never owned a clay bar for fear of not knowing what to do with it I'm not into my detailing so I am a blank canvas :)

WRX
Unfortunately the outlaw was right vinegar gives streak free glass. For a cheap glass cleaner that is amazing for it's price get Lidl's own W5 brand.

3M seems to be a popular one think I shall try that :D

Now... To find it in Tesco

Challenge_accepted.jpg

Another vote for AG Fast Glass with any cloth tbh.

On a side note, why do retail businesses insist only stocking mediocre products?

I know price is a big issue, but the likes of Dodo Juice and AF aren't bank breakers compared to Autoglym and 3M!

I'm not saying AG isn't good, but it's far from the best.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Its probably down to brand name, every man and his dog know AG and Meguiars . But people that aren't into it don't know about the other brands therefore won't buy it.

197 FF Glacier White
That 3M stuff is good. It's good enough for aircraft screens at work, so it's plenty good enough for my car! Bit of hot water to shift the bugs first and you're done. Currently on offer at my Tesco.