ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning Inlet Plenum

Si

RS Clio 172
Any tips or products that are good? I don't want to paint it really, would just like to clean it up. no matter what i do it always seems to look s**t!

Storm Grey 200
Theres not much you can do to make it look not s**t, If you got it sandblasted it would look good again!

Or just give it a coat of silver vht, looks standard enough

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Theres not much you can do to make it look not s**t, If you got it sandblasted it would look good again!

Or just give it a coat of silver vht, looks standard enough

Whats vht and were would you get it? I fancy doin mine so it looks fresh again.would you have to take it off to paint?

Storm Grey 200
very high temp, halfords or any motor parts shop.

You can just mask it all up, but i took mine off to spray it

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Get it polished !!! Was gonna do mine myself started to do it but got someone else to do it in the end YOU WILL get PI**ED off trying to do it yourself !!

Attachments

• 172 bay.jpg
    172 bay.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 249
  • 172bay2.jpg
    172bay2.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 101

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Was like it when I bought it dude. Guy did it himself!!

Never again. Spen more time keeping the engine clean than I did driving it!! A complete b**ch to look after it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That was actually my initial plan, but won't be going ahead for a while, so silver to tidy it up to start with.

Yellow and silver theme is for winners.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ Ovcourse it is luke, first week of it properly running, no faults yet except a small vibration on decreasing acceleration

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
You going to paint it in another colour ? if so then wire brush will be fine, thats what i used on mine and the yellow went on perfectly afterward