ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning interior plastics

Mégane RS
What products are best for cleaning the grey plastics like the dash top and plastic parts on the doors? also what do you use?

I use a lot of Chemical Guy's Silk Shine dressing, either a light spray onto the dash etc or a spray onto a mf cloth and wipe over everything, this latter method uses less product for the same finish :)

106 GTi
Deep clean with Autoglym Interior Cleaner.

Dress and protect with Poorboys Natural Look.

Weekly wipe downs with Meguiars Interior Quick Detailer.

Mégane RS
i had a look for some Autoglym Interior Cleaner but couldnt find any, only stuff i could find was Autoglym rubber and vinyal care. is this any good??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The AG interior is a trade product . The interior shampoo is good for cleaning , carpets , vinyl , plastic etc ... then dress with either AG vinyl and rubber care or from www.carwashnwax.com Silk Shine Sprayable Dressing or Natural Look New Shine Dressing .

106 GTi
i had a look for some Autoglym Interior Cleaner but couldnt find any, only stuff i could find was Autoglym rubber and vinyal care. is this any good??

Halfords should sell the consumer versions.

Interior Shampoo - Spray bottle with a green label

RB 182
I used Poorboys Natural Look Dressing at the weekend as recommended by Rich and it's made my dash looks so much better. Recommend is highly.

106 GTi
Nice one Ben - I have not risked using any other gel based dressing on mine since I picked it up in March 2005, and it has left it looking 100% factory. As long as I can still get it I doubt I will change.

106 GTi
The Silicone Spray would be very greasy on interior, it like that Back to Black Spray in a cans. Not one I would use on an interior. Have a can that I use from time to time on front grills etc when I am pushed for time.

Mk1 Maxim Sport

Ye the rubber and vinyl car is pretty good pal, probs not the most amazing but gives a decent shine and keeps it clean!

Coiley'd Clio PH2
I find it really hard to get the plastic door trim clean as it is textured and all the muck etc gets stuck in the little grooves.
Any idea of the best way to clean this?