ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning my new car

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
OK seeing as I never got a reply from anyone off here who would be able to detail my new car, am gonna give it a go myself even though my previous washing/polishing experience consists almost entirely of the one bucket wash method, with fairy liquid.

I'm not bothered about claying it, as it's in pretty damned good nick.

However, I want to clean it and seal or wax it depending (but unsure as to which is best for me)

Can someone suggest the best products for this colour and for the wheels? HELP!

This is the car so you can get an idea of the colour

photo.jpg

106 GTI
collinite 476 is a very long lasting wax which is ideal for this british weather

Some autoglym super resin, then extra gloss protection then wax, not too expensive and pretty good to work by hand.

Nice car btw

120d M Sport
polish it up with super resin polish, then seal with Jeff's Acrylic (its a spray so dead easy to use, apparently good on silvers/greys), then get a good carnauba wax on. After that u can top up the finish with autoglym aqua wax or more coats of jeffs after each wash:D