ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning my RB 182

172 Cup
Hello

I was hoping for a bit of help with regards to cleaning/detailing my Racing Blue 182 - i'm hoping to achieve a nice shine from the paint as on the whole it's been look after thus far.

I already snow foam, 2 bucket method wash and then if i'm going any further i'll use Meguiars Quick Detailer & Clay Bar then Meguiars Polish and Meguiars Wax to finish.

I basically want a hand recommending some of the better prodcuts that are out their and the steps I can use them in. I don't have a huge budget and don't intend to be using a machine polisher any time soon.

Also something for my wheels would be ideal, I genreally wash them with a sponge and use i4detailing tyre shine. Is there some sort of brake dust remover then sealant I could use.

Thank you in advance.
Rich

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hi rich.

It sounds as though you have your wash technique down to a tee.

Let's Concentrate on simple correction with a hand pad and a decent sealant.

For me, I would be using 203s on a light cut hand pad. Both available
From eBay or polished bliss/i4detailing/cleanyourcar.

Follow this up with a nice sealant such as chemical guys blitz or werkstat carnauba and you should be on for a winner.

Wheels wise, what do you need? A cleaner? Iron remover?

Simplest thing to suggest is to treat your wheels to the same process as your bodywork. They are painted metal and plastic at the end of the day.

RB One Eight Two
I was also going to say Gally and JD are the guys to ask. They know there stuff ;)

JD - When applying polish by hand, what pads and compounds are best to use?

Last edited:
  172 Cup
Thanks for the comments so far some really useful things to consider.

JD - I was only thinking of something like Bilberry that my friend recommended he said about removing brake dust before cleaning them. Plus I wondered if there was some sort of sealant you could use on the Alloys?

Thanks for the links Gally & Y7 i'll have a look at those once home :)

172 Cup
If I'm doing a full detail on the 182 I will give the wheels a coat of AG HD Wax followed by a coat of Autoglym Alloy Wheel Seal, then Megs Endurance Tyre Gel to finish of the process. I have tried a few tyre shines/gels and Megs is the best I have used.

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Autoglym_Alloy_Wheel_Seal_1.html

Thats the sort of thing i'm after :)

I may change my tyre shine, the one I have is very greasy and it seems to flick the dirty whilst driving if it's not dried entirely.

RB One Eight Two
It's very hard to get a tyre shine that doesn't flick residue up the side of your car to be honest. Most of them do I have found but Megs Endurance doesn't seem to be as bad as others if applied correctly with a thin layer.

STEALTH RAIDER
It's very hard to get a tyre shine that doesn't flick residue up the side of your car to be honest. Most of them do I have found but Megs Endurance doesn't seem to be as bad as others if applied correctly with a thin layer.

There are tire gels/liquids that dont splatter at all. Swissvax Pneu, Cquartz Perl. These 2 i use and are liquid form so rather it just sitting on the finish like most gels do, they soak in and treat the rubber giving the same finish as any other. Only downside is that you will pay the price for them.