ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning red car

My new ultra red 197 should be here next month. Obviously i will be wanting to keep it clean as much as i can.

Whats the best way to keep it looking as new, i dont want the paint to fade as red does like to fade.

Is autoglym SRP and EGP good to use, ive heard mixed comments. Also do i need to put a wax on top of this?

Turbo LY R27
Yeah just use SRP + EGP, i got a LY R27 and that combo keeps my paint lookin brand new. Its all in the wash tho. 2 bucket method, megs wash mitt and megs drying towel and it will look much better and keep scratches to a minimum.

Yeah, im using turtle wax car shampoo at moment but thought about trying megs gold class.

Do you ever need to put a wax on top of the EGP? Also how often do you use it? not everytime you wash the car?

Turbo LY R27
You dont have to put a wax on as that combo should give about 2-3 months protection. But i tend to do mine once a month maybe a bit more. But mine is a daily driver so i like to spend some time on it and give it some TLC. Wanna keep it mint. I f you have a look at some other threads yoyu will find some good waxes, myself i just use turtle wax nano-tec wax. Its pretty good actually. But the megs one is good as well, but polish and everything else Auto Glym all the way.

wash 2 bucket method
(spot clay areas every 2-3 months)
wash again.
Rinse
Dry
SRP
EGPx2
Wax, sometimes.

On your new car this will keep it mint matey.

Nice one, will have to buy some more cleaning stuff then. Get some wheel sealant and some tyre dressing aswell i think.

Mito Sportiva 135
A wax works well over EGP, I would seriously look elsewhere than Halfords though, for £11 you can get Chemical Guys XXX paste wax which is a good entry wax, spend a bit more and can get Chemical Guys 50/50 or P21s, or one of the new Dodo waxes. Thats to name just a few, look at some of the sites on the sticky at the top.

Claying 2-3 months is too much by the way if you want to keep your car in good shape, there should be no need. I do mine once a year if that, have only used a grey bar once when I got it then a Sonus green bar in September.

For tyre gel I can't suggest anything better than Blackfire tyre gel, quite expensive but you get what you pay for.

106 GTi
SRP and EGP will look great on Red, though I would get some Jeffs Acrylic Jett Sealant if you want to save time and effort rather than using EGP.

Wax wise on Red I recommend a wax I don't use on any other colour really and that is Meguiars #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax.

So if i was to use AG SRP and Jeffs Acrylic Jett Sealant and then use Meguiars #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax this should give good results and protect the paintwork well enough?

How often should i be using each? I drive everyday pretty much, so would probably be washing the car every week/2 weeks.

106 GTi
The full process Polish, Sealant and Wax once ever 4 - 6 months, wax it maybe every 4-6 weeks to keep that topped up and then just wash and use a quick detail spray in between.

Nice one, thanks.

Im also thinking of using meguiars gold class shampoo, poorboys wheel sealant and meguiars high gloss tire gel.

These products worth while?

106 GTi
Poorboys Wheel Sealnat is a good product, though there are better shampoos out there for the money and not a fan of the trye dressing at all, it is a dirt trap.

Shampoos wise look into Meguiars Shampoo Plus or Hyperwash as they are much more cost effective and also maybe look into Duragloss Wash.

Tyre Dressings Blackfire Gel or Poorboys Bold and Bright get my vote for daily use.