ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning The Inside of Windscreen

Si

RS Clio 172
How do you do it? I try to avoid it at all costs but mine needed doing. All I've managed to achieve is smearing everything all owa.

advice?

DCi 100
Ah mine needs doing aswell, removing the top dash all of 100 times doesn't help it along with countless sat nav sticky spots.

I guess I'll just try the good ole fast glass.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Am I missing something here?

Fresh microfibre, glass cleaner - done!

Fiesta ST3
i use FK425 as a quick detailer but realised it was spot on for glass too, so now i use this for the inside glass, no smearing either

Autoglym glass polish comes up a treat

Ordered myself some of this yesterday as the product description seemed spot on. Even with regular glass cleaners it'll look like it's dried streak free and then when driving if the light hits it right it looks horrible!

Not a 320d
AG stuff is good, i use Megs.

I either use a Brand enw Kent car care Microfibre towel, or i use some paper, that industrial crap you can get on big rolls to wipe hands with.

Fast Glass and a clean MF. Done. If it's going streaky you're either not using a decent product, a dirty MF or you're applying too much product.

SG9 Forester STi
I use fast glass and a microfibre cloth, but its not easy and your arm goes numb lol. Don't ever use anti mist stuff, I used that once and cleaning the inside of the windscreen was a nightmare for ages afterwards because it was so greasy!

It's worse on a 197 cleaning the inside of the windscreen in those is a royal pain in the bum.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
If it is smearing, I just get another MF and buff the whole windscreen till the smears go.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
As said, AG fast glass but not too much as it will smear or AG glass polish, only thing i find a pain with the polish is the white dust it leaves behind after buffing

Megane R26
3M Foaming Glass Cleaner and a dedicated glass towel (like Dodo Mint Merkin) and you'll be sorted. Do it twice and week and keep on top of it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Such Dodo ***** Russ!

Did I see windolene mentioned?

Oh and cif glass cleaner (industrial stuff) pwns all glass cleaner. IT WILL NOT STREAK no matter how hard you try. I was shocked after using it! Had just bought a new bottle of fast glass it's now redundant and full! :(

Megane 225 F1
Dads a signwritter and has s**t loads of surface cleaner. That stuff is amazing. Expensive though lol