ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning your car! How long ?? !!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
How long do you spend on your car a week

Please can we have a basic poll please MODS :approve:

less than half hour
1 hour
2 hours
3 hours
4 hours
more than 5

Be interesting to find out im somewere between the 1 and 2 most of the time

:)

Paul

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Probably 45mins for a weekly wash and quick detail spray.

Once every few months 3hours for a polish, seal & wax

Megane Mk4
Between 3/5 hours dependant on if I'm waxing it and cleaning the engine etc.

But I usually clean the interior too at the same time. That takes about 1 hour on its own.

I normally only spend a few hours cleaning the car, as any longer and I'll get moaned at by wife and kids for loving my car more than them.

I could spend all day tinkering with the car, cleaning, testing new products etc.

GR7

Shiny red R32
On average, less than half an hour! ;) The car-cleaning novelty wore off long ago! I can find better things to do than spend hours cleaning my car and realise now just how much time I used to spend. If I've driven it on a wet day and get home with it looking mucky I still wash the dirt off but don't spend hours polishing it any more!

tiTTy & SV650
quicky takes about 45 mins but can easily take 5 hours to wash, clay, paint cleanse, polish, scratch x and wax - but thats a rare requirement

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Proper wash is probably about 4ish hours. Quick wash 1-2 hours.

But i don't clean it weekly

Last edited:
  Clio MK 4
i clean my car with out fail every saturday which takes me 2 hours. That only includes wash dry wax.

If i do full works then 4-5 hours

Bit that takes longest and hate the most is cleaning alloys. especially with multispokes

LY V6 with Recaros
Between 2 and 3 unless I'm giving it a good polish/seal etc then obviously longer. Gofknows how long I'll spend now I have the vee though!

Only an hour or so unless its being polished/waxed then its about 3. I can never be arsed anymore.

T

thecremeegg

Hasnt been washed since probably october....so none of those options apply lol

A slow one :-(
Between 1-2 hours for a quick wash.
4 hours for a mini detail
Then maybe near 12 for a full on job!

Took me 2 days todo my bros old clio!

Mito Sportiva 135
Not sure probably spent about 2 hours or so minimum a weekend, sometimes taking the entire weekend to do the works...too long anyway.

Since September last year though, virtually nothing! It is looking like a **** waiting for its resurrection...did the inside yesterday...then getting bonnet dent repaired, then wheels off, callipers painted (although might ignore again!) then a nice machine polish with some Sonus Paint Cleanser and then just going straight to the Onyx with no sealant. Oh and also want to fit silvervisions if I get a chance too, so overall going to be a busy Easter break!

PH2 172
In the winter i go over it quick so takes me about 2 hours including a polish then in the summer i take alot longer sometimes 5 hours including polish inside the wheel arches and wheels all the door shuts are done everytime and in the summer i do the engine bay to.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Wash/vac/windows takes me about 30 minutes.

If i'm doing a proper start to finish job, i've been known to take 8 hours!!

Clio dymanique
Clean mine once a week (twice on rare occasions), takes me 1hr for a wash and leathering down.

Shed.
thorough was, polish and wax takes me 2-2.5 hours.

Thorough detail can take a full day, ie: 9am - dusk.....thats in the summer too.

ibiza cupra
normal wash about, 2 hours. i would do more but it always seems to start pissin down as i finish buffing the mer off, then i think well whats the point.