ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cleaning your windows

Okay.. ive seen loads of threads about waxing your car, but whats good for cleaning the windows and windscreens??

I heard ages ago from some people that you can get cleaners that prevent misting on your windows. Anyone know of these products?

cheers guys

i use a wet scrunch of newspaper then a dry scrunch......no finger marks, no streaks no films of oil.....does the trick.

Renaultsport Clio 182

I use autoglym fast glass works great! but glass is a pain in the ass to clean!

i used to use autoglym (the light blue coloured stuff) on my old clio.. it was good... but had to be careful not to get it on the black rubber surrounds or else its biatch to get off!!

autoglym fast glass is amazing, and only leaves streaks if your using it wrong.....sorry ben:)

just apply with one cloth, then buff with dry cloth...leaves them very shiny

yep, autoglym glass is the best!!!!! Inside and out:) Just make sure you get all the bugs off first or youll get white bugs stuck on there!!

I also use it on front and rear lights

iv used autoglym fast glass, thought it was really good. I also used mer, mer have got some window cleaning stuff, i only got a tester and i havent seen it for sale since! mer was the best iv used so far, im quite interested in the maguirs range of stuff too, after looking at some pics posted by people using that.

The stuff you get to repel the mist, you can get from halfords. Its called mist repellent! (;)) Its with the rain-x

Megane 225 baby! :)

I use Mers windscreen cleaner, inside and out and it also does well on your double glazing!! They also do a repellent as well, you can get both off their website or QVC, not available @ Halfords!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

I always use Mr Muscle glass cleaner and clean kitchen towels.

I know someone who puts a small amount of vinegar in water and uses that with a leather kept just for the windows.

If you get a film over the windscreen (say if you park in a train station carpark) that just makes the water sit there when it rains or when you use the spray, use pepsi, takes it off.

Just thought i would leave my discovery of the day!!

well there is this really anoying film so you can harly see out of the window when it rain ect. on my car, i just got an email about how bad is coke for you and it talked about being transported in the same containers that acid is carried in so i thought i would give it a go with some old pepsi, worked a dream!!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Pepsi or Coke is also good at cleaning up old coins if they are left to soak overnight! I wouldnt like to get it on the paintwork as I think it would act the same as bird poo because of the acid content!!

Megane 225 baby! :)

You can also use Coke or Pepsi to descale your kettles - sorry full of useless info like that!!!

Rorrie - ive got that email too (had it for ages), makes you think doesnt it?!?!

If it does go on your paintwork, I would wash it off asap!!!

Mondeo STTDCI

What about tinted windows. I was told not to use any product on them at all except water! (inside of course)

Clean your inside windows side-to-side.

Clean your outside windows up and down.

If you have streaks, you know which side they are on.

Face

Skoda Fabia vRS

i use the Auto Glym Glass Polish

i didnt know it before i bought it but it seems to prevent the windows from steamin up.....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Faceman on 04 June 2003

Clean your inside windows side-to-side.

Clean your outside windows up and down.

If you have streaks, you know which side they are on.

Face
LMAO.. thats utter brilliance