ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLEAR THE SNOW OFF YOUR ROOF/BONNET PLEASE

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I had no idea it was illegal too, I went past 3 Police cars this morning parked up so I'm very lucky!

I won't be making that mistake again!

350Z
Was behind a lorry in a queue this morning on the way to work, as it accelerated up a hill a f*cking iceberg slid off the top of it and almost hit my.. iceberg :cool:

Sh*t jokes aside, if I hadn't of kept my distance that could of been pretty extreme.. when the ice hit the road it spread heavily!

I saw this this morning and thought of you guys.

snow_clio_zps7bf236ab.jpg

S4 Avant
Got in the van to go to work this morning. Didn't clear the snow off the roof.

Not getting the ladder out tbh.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Got in the van to go to work this morning. Didn't clear the snow off the roof.

Not getting the ladder out tbh.

Same as the police CCTV van we followed yesterday morning... snow blowing off his roof as he drove along

RS6 C7
I actually saw the snow slide of someone's roof today and cover his windscreen at a junction, His wipers barely shifted it so it's very dangerous!

This was equally as bad though:
regeg001.jpg

Couldn't see her brake lights or indicators and she was on her mobile phone when we drove by! To be fair she was so good looking I would let her off!

M135i
Having read this over the weekend I spent a couple of mins doing the roof as well as usual windows and lights. Set off to work and I'd say at least 80% had a roof covered in snow, I genuinely think most people don't realise it can slide forwards as well as just flying off the back, told everyone at work and it had never occurred to them either :S

Clio 172 Cup
Just a quick one for anyone who does not realise in all the excitement of the snow , clear the roof of your car , the dangers of not doing so are not good , having seen accidents when we lived in Germany and people not doing it (though most realise and do ), you would be amazed at how quickly you can't see when you barke and the entire lot slides forward and covers the screen .

Im confident this will or already has prevented a handful of potentially nasty incidents good on ya Harv!

Im confident this will or already has prevented a handful of potentially nasty incidents good on ya Harv!

I have moments of wisdom in my now grumpy old man days ..........

i'll mention others when i get the chance see fit ........ :)

RS6 C7
I have moments of wisdom in my now grumpy old man days ..........

i'll mention others when i get the chance see fit ........ :)
I'm glad you posted it! , I passed it on to everyone at work & friends / family. I just can't believe it's not on the news more! They are busy showing videos of people sledging but can't give some good solid driving advice.

I'm glad you posted it! , I passed it on to everyone at work & friends / family. I just can't believe it's not on the news more! They are busy showing videos of people sledging but can't give some good solid driving advice.

i lived between the uk and germany for a few years (no no military but the wife being a rocket scientist on eurofighter) would drive here during the week , and germany every single weekend , i have worked in finland a fair bit too , and you do learn a fair few useful things , clearing snow is a real life saver , hey i have had snow on the screen its not nice .

yes i have snow chains , in fact i have just bought new ones (ironically i ordered them before it snowed and they were out of stock then), and yes if we really felt the need we would have winter tyres but surrey isn't exactly a regular for heavy snow .

however one thing i learnt long ago , is you never stop learning , .......... ever.

i cleared 2-3 inches off my roof/screen/bonnet before i set off this morning :cool: but shedding the weight didn't prevent me getting stuck 200 yds down the road :dapprove:

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Saw the very thing describe happen to a guy behind me today. Put the brakes on to slow down for the traffic lights, a big sheet of snow covered the screen. Thankfully his wipers cleared it though.