ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliché car park photos!

i have a 500d, what settings would i need to use to take photos like this?:cool:

It's not as simple as that.

It's not the lens. It's not the camera (to a certain extent, obviously you're not going to get the same results with a throwaway camera)

It's the person behind the lens and the person infront of photoshop.

C

cop182

yes I understand that and I am reasonable on photoshop and not bad behind the camera
the only reason I am asking is because I am looking to go and take some of mine in a car park, obviously the setting need to be different than outdoors.
but if the camera was on manual it would have been custom set up. I doubt these were taken on pre-set settings.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not as simple as that.

It's not the lens. It's not the camera (to a certain extent, obviously you're not going to get the same results with a throwaway camera)

It's the person behind the lens and the person infront of photoshop.
Pretty much what he said. :eek:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome shots as per usual Mr. Squirrel, car looks great!

yes I understand that and I am reasonable on photoshop and not bad behind the camera
the only reason I am asking is because I am looking to go and take some of mine in a car park, obviously the setting need to be different than outdoors.
but if the camera was on manual it would have been custom set up. I doubt these were taken on pre-set settings.

Settings will make very little difference, within reason.

Copying his settings won't mean your pictures are the same.

Looking for 182
As a few people have pointed out, I use a Canon 5D Mark II, which is very good in low light.

I processed all of these in Adobe Lightroom, although usually I use a mix of Lightroom and Photoshop, I just did it all in Lightroom because I was in a bit of a rush.

A mentioned previously for all of these I shot in Av mode, so I chose the aperture I wanted, and the ISO, and then the shutter speed is worked out by the camera. Although on many of them I added some exposure compensation which then does have an effect on the shutter speed. Having said that there really is little use in saying what each setting was used for each photo :)

Someone asked if I had Flickr, I do - www.flickr.com/scarysquirrel

EDIT: Revels has it spot on with regards settings and stuff. I won't lie, most of what people are likely impressed by is done in post processing.

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I wish i was half as handy with a camera! But the glass is just too pricey, and my skills don't merit the cost.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I wish i was half as handy with a camera! But the glass is just too pricey, and my skills don't merit the cost.
Your pics are always immense ya big jobbie!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Cheers, but not a patch on the above, low level lighting is a skill! The guide that Shadowness?! Put up to correct white balance is on my agenda!

200 Gordini
Credit where it's due.. the car looks like my old baby ;) and those photos are the best I've saw on this forum for a very very long time! Wow.

Looking for 182
Credit where it's due.. the car looks like my old baby ;) and those photos are the best I've saw on this forum for a very very long time! Wow.

Your old 182 was pretty much what I've been using as inspiration for mine, even down to the Milltek with the removed centre silencer :)

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
That one of the best 182 Ive ever seen and the photos are ace.

spot on mate.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

There's no pre-set settings in photography.

Drag the photo to your desktop, right click > info (or whatever you have to do to get to the exif if you're unfortunate enough to be using Windows.) That will show you the settings used on that particular photo.

As I've said many a time before, practise practice practice. Let the camera do most of the work for you when you're a noob. You tell it you want a nice large aperture and let it work out the exposure. Shoot in RAW and sort the rest out later IMO.

ScrySkwrl - Photobucket ? :dead: and over use of vignette :(

8/10 for effort tho dude.

Looking for 182
ScrySkwrl - Photobucket ? :dead: and over use of vignette :(

8/10 for effort tho dude.

Just felt right for the shots :)

I've started using Photobucket as the iPhone app is awesomely simple, and it's just quick to upload shots to when I want to share. I use Flickr for my 'proper' photos, although these are on there now as well.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I signed up to flickr just before my last write up but my god it seems a bit hard to work!

So I stuck with PB but with the new camera coming i'd rather use a decent host like Flickr so i'm going to have to work it out!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Fantastic shots and editing, mate. Love the first two snaps.

What exhaust is that?

Looking for 182
I signed up to flickr just before my last write up but my god it seems a bit hard to work!

So I stuck with PB but with the new camera coming i'd rather use a decent host like Flickr so i'm going to have to work it out!

Flickr is really straight forward once you've used it for a while. Stick with it and you'll soon pick it up :)

I'd highly recommend paying for a Pro account though, check it out.

Fantastic shots and editing, mate. Love the first two snaps.

What exhaust is that?

Thanks dude. It's a Milltek.