ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Click at full throttle

Hey guys,

I just noticed that when i floor my mkII 172 there is a click at the full throttle position?! like when the pedal is fully down there is a click.. like im pressing a button... what is this?

Yeah feels like a kickdown switch, maybe its for auto clios and they just fit it on all of them! Shame it doesnt drop a gear for you, would be nice on the motorway!

Mk2 172

I have investigated this click. Since there is no mechanical link between the accellerator pedal, I think it acts as a sort fo clutch; so as when you go past the rotation of the electronics that the pedal is attached to, you dont break it.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Mine feels like that but it just gets full throttle slighty before completly flooring the pedal i think anyway.

I was under the impression that it is the switch to over ride the cruise control that was suppose to be fitted to newer MK2 172s, but the switch comes on all of them.

For example, youd have your cruise control set to 50mph and if you wanted to accelerate, you would push the accelerator right to the floor and the cruise control would turn off.

Rhys

Renault Laguna Coupe

Microswitch for your Nitrous install. Otherwise it would be difficult with the FBW throttle. Very thoughtful of Renault!