ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clicking noise when turning on full lock

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Had my aux and cam belts done almost 2 weeks ago, noise has almost disappeared...its not as apparent as it was before...not sure if there's any significance...as doesn't the aux belt affect power steering?

S2 106 GTI
Had my aux and cam belts done almost 2 weeks ago, noise has almost disappeared...its not as apparent as it was before...not sure if there's any significance...as doesn't the aux belt affect power steering?

I have just had mine done a few week ago though?? the aux belt that is.

S2 106 GTI
no havn't changed anything, judt the springs. The noise was comming from more down the back of the engine. but has now seemed to have stopped? will see if it starts up again in the nxt few days

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Let us know how you get on. :)

Hi, after some months with this TOC in the right front tire when pulling away in 1st gear and breaking. IS GONE:D

The main mechanic from the reno dealer here, start his own bussines he and another guy go to Your home and can tune up the car change the oil, brakes etc even polishing & waxing
Well we drove the car he heard the sound, back to my home, lift the car, removed front tires, removed lower arm, damper, mounts, every ok
he found some bolts loose, re-assamble, re-tight bolts and vuala no more TOC TOC in fact car suspension feels better
He does not want to tell me wich bolt was loose but is related with lower arm, any way I will have to change lower arm ball joits due have little wear

Regards

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
iv got a 1.4 n my clio made the same noise, i changed the fluid n tryed to bleed air out if there was any there but it stopped the noise, n wont be a gearbox mount, mine was brand new n fine when it was doing it

S2 106 GTI
Well after putting the springs on the noise stopped....but now it has come back again! think i'll have to get a garage to take a look :(

Clio 172
My car was doing this for a while and i changed the CV boot as it had hardened and wasn't very rubbery anymore. Re-packed it with grease and hey presto...no more noises.

S2 106 GTI
I've had my inner cv boots changed due to spliting one, maybe a bit of water got inside?? i'll have to have a propper look at it one weekend when the weathers better!