ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clifford Avital Max 1 Alarm

Hi,

Ive got one of these being fitted at my work on Tues for £200.

Is this a good alarm and price or am I being taken for a ride???

Cheers, Jo.

Sorry fogot to add I got the price down from £260 by the company thats doing it, as another place had an offer on for £195 but required me to take my car in - and work commitments prevent this at the moment.

To be honest I dont know anything about the alarm - apart from its a cat 1 so my insurance should drop!

I havent got it yet, im getting it through them. I didnt think it was possible to buy an alarm and then get some one to fit it and still get the insurance certificates!?

I was lookin at buying a toad A1606 and then tryin to get someone to fit it for me but I couldnt find anyone - then when I mentioned Toad to companys on the phone they didnt want to touch them for some reason!???

172 M69 eater

lol no mate they r jus down the road from me and i was gonna buy one pretty soon, iv had a word with a few alarm fitting guys who tell me its a crackin buy for the money. wheres moto guard, they got a website or phone no? do they do nationwide?

patty

Motor Guard are in Aston - not sure if theres anymore branches nationwide??

Its RS who are fitting mine on Tues, they wanted £260 at first though, then he said the best, most lowest he could do it for was £220! Then when I phoned back and said Motor Guard could do it for £195, he said ohh! Well the i could do it for £200 if its not on our premises!

Just wondering if its a good alarm and still a good price though?

172 M69 eater

it wouldnt b a thatcham 1 if it wasnt a good alarm in my opinion, its gotta have all the features which make it a good alarm and its made by clifford, so i guess even if its not a really well known one, for that sort of money i dont think u r doin too bad at all dude

im gonna get exactly the same too soon and im gettin central lockin fitted by rs at the same time.

patty

172 M69 eater

IMO its a good price for a good alarm mate!

and if it brings down ur insurance thats even better!!

patty

I work & live in Sutton mate, well I say work I finish in a couple of weeks and go back to Uni end of Sept (UCE). U Patty, sounding local?

172 M69 eater

i work in bordesely green on the bordseley green road not far from adderley rail station and i live in sheldon but im always hanging round solihull too!!

go to keele uni again tho in sept so im not round 4 long!

drive a white bodykitted mark 1 (well its gettin it fitted next week!!)

patty

I have a White Mk1 too! Just had the rear arches done!

What kit you gettin?

Just sortin out my sound and alarm and thats it from me, no plans to get a kit! Im lookin at havin an Elise by next xmas! Thats if I dont spend all my money on records!

172 M69 eater

i had the rear arches done a while bk but it was done crap so im havin to have it redone!!! :mad:

how u gonna be able to afford an elise at uni????

at the moment, jus the rears been fitted, this is the back how it is at the mo

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1092863707__100_9873.jpg

and this is a photo shop of the front im gettin, but im gettin the valver wings fitted at the same time

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1092863747__whitegod.jpg

gonna have to stop there for a while tho cant afford much else. gettin sideskirts fitted at same time so lookin at delocking/spoiler/angel eyes/new exhaust@ xmas!!

patty

Mate your motors looking well nice, might want to consider those clear/white clusters though ive spotted on here???

How much did u pay for your arches to be done? I paid £160 for both of mine at my local garage and I was well chuffed with the results!

How much have you paid for all the kit then mate? Inc. fitting.painting etc.

Where did you take it to be done?

As for the Elise, its my last year comin up so I hope to be in a graduate job by this time next year meaning a new car will be in order before next xmas - fingers crossed!

172 M69 eater

yeh mate considered them but i want led clusters but cant any anywhere

i paid bout 170 for the arches so was well anoyed mate but nevermind, i did take the cheapest quote so really should hv paid a bit more i spose.

for the kit, the front was 260, the rear was 125 and the skirts were 70 (skirts and rear were bought off ppl who had written off their cars that i no!!) couldnt tell u how much painting and fittin is cus i cant remember. the bottom kit is actually a photoshop, wen i get a camera, ill post pics.

it went to this body shop in digbeth which roamer recommended, do soem really good work!!

wen i graduate im gonna buy an old skool evo!!! love the look of em!

patty

Revels Mum & Sister

Bro in Law fits Cliffords they are an Authoried dealer

The one you had fitted is quite standard as far as the clifford range goes. But an excellent alarm. They havent had any problems what so ever matey! U choose well there.

I just had a Concept 650 fitted to my Turbo for the Bargain price of £195