ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clifford Concept 650

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

All,

Had this installed today @ Sextons in Bristol, costing me £350.

Anyone got one of these?

Or could anyone possibly give me a few tips on the best settings, etc?

Any posts will be grateful...

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Quote: Originally posted by Freebone on 31 July 2005

is it possible to tell me a bit about it cute as im not to far from bristol and might go to sextons

What do you need to know?

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™

Taken from the Sextons site...

"Concept 650

Cliffords entry-level Thatcham Category-1 system meets and exceeds the highest standards of the UK insurance industry, and installing one may qualify you for discounted vehicle insurance as a result.

The Concept 650s built-in tandem immobiliser circuit is self-arming soon after you park so that your vehicle always remains protected, and these main electronics also reside in an armoured-steel enclosure as an added security measure.

Uniquely, this system is now offered with three separate sensor-package options so you can select the most suitable protection for your specific requirements; Choose from Ultrasonic interior movement sensing, Dual-Zone Proximity which includes external warn-away zone, or combined Glass Tamper and Tilt & Motion sensor packages – or perhaps even combine two or more options to be really secure!"

They got the car @ 9am, and I got it back by 3pm - so takes about 6 hours for installation. But the only bit that confused me was the bit I have put in bold, as I thought all of the 3 packages came a standard. But infact I only had the text in red installed. As I got a Ultrasonic interior sensor on each of the window pillar (so 2 in all), also got a little thing stuck to the top of the the driver side on the windscreen, so this is the Glass Tamper thingy.

But in the owners guide, it states this:

Your system was installed with one of the 3 different sensor configuration options. Either, Digital Dual Zone proximity sensor, Ultrasonic sensor, or Tilt/Motion & Glass Tamper sensor

The only little thing that annoyed me was that Sextons didnt ask what sensor configuration option I wanted. So have email Sextons asking why.

But other than that, they were great. Show you how the alarm works after installing it. Just make sure you read the book thru and thru, cuz it can be a bit tricky to configure the settings. That why I am trying to find out a bit of advise or tips from others...

One with a few more

you shouold only get one of the theree if you dont ask for more. thats why its written as 650p, 650u or 650g on many sites

Im about to have mine done next week. Opted for dual zone proximity as this is the most comprehensive cover for me. ultrasonic is the basic package you get with it