ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clifford damaged my renault immoboliser!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Has anyone else had this. Recently my car was simply put not working it wouldnt turn on with the key and i thought it was down to a flat battery after having not had much use for a good month. After having had it inspected by renault they are saying that the immoboliser on it has gone (its an 03 reg car!) and the reason is because my clifford concept 300 interfered with it!

Needless to say, was pretty shocked and they said it wouldnt be covered under warranty and could be very very expensive. I was just wondering if anyone thought this was possible and if anyone else has had the same problem.

Please let me know as it would be much appreciated. Surely clifford should pay??

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

YUP !!

the Clifford range of alarms DO cause problems with renaults. This is a common fault and ive seen reports from Clifford regarding this.

Either way they are right it isnt covered under warranty, which is a biatch!

Only thing to do is to pin point exactly where the problem lies as the renault wiring is rather crap and all over the place :(

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

what do u suggest i do mate? will clifford cover the problem? did u have this on yours then? what do u think i should do? appreciate the help mate.

Ziel Nurburgring

Surely if the Clifford porduct has caused a problem, then return the car to them and demand a free fix

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Basicly Clifford are a co0mplete PAIN to get hold of. Theres not much hope that way.

Only way to persue them is to go thru your installer - who most likely wont help you as its there jobs on the line. (there install)

Ive had numerous problems on mine - the mk2 clio suffers this a lot more then the mk1s for some reason, i think its due to having all the electrics

The door locking feature etc etc etc....

My Clifford has been replaced twice now due to various bits going, i was lucky it only blew a fuse on my car and the installer found the problem which cud have led to a lot of my electrics going.

Complain to the installer.... in the mean time i will dig out the number i had for Clifford (no one seems to have it) and will drop u a PM

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 24 August 2005

Surely if the Clifford porduct has caused a problem, then return the car to them and demand a free fix
again even tho Clifford has a lifetiem warrenty

You have to pay there labour costs, part an parcel of there contract !!! :O

Sensor broke on mine they wanted £270 !!! to replace it under warrenty.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

thanks mate. the car cant even b moved at the moment and apparently the clifford installers say its nothing to do with them. Renault want something between 500 and 1k to sort it out which is just ridiculous. surely they cant chagre sh*t like that.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Yup its the same thing i hear again and again !

Clifford say its nout to do with them

And renault are just charging what they like. But to be fair the parts they replace are quite expensive.... they may have to change quite a lot of things as the Imobilliser is connected to sh*t loads of items....

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

this is a nitemare. i dont have that sort of money. im f**ked if i cant get it done cheaply really. else ill take off the clifford and then say its renaults fault!!! do u think its actually damamged it then? or is it just conflicting? o god not good!

MY04 Scooby STi

I had a problem with a clifford concept 300 in my last clio. It swicthed my raid system backwards!! The doors would lock after I switched the engine off! Then you had to press the door lock button to unlock the doors so you could alarm the car otherwise the car would be unlocked but alarmed and it would never stop going off.

LY 200

Yup it f**ked mine up when i left the lights on once and the battery went dead.....It had to be recoded up by renault at a hefty cost!!!

This is why i have no time for Clifford and always advise Toad..........If Mr Cliffords looking at this get it sorted mate as its not on that its happenin to so many people!!!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

how much was it to recode mate, my batt has gone flat maybe its the same thing?

LY 200

It all depends on which renault you go to mate as they charge differently iirc.........I used lookers and they charged £70 to get through the door then they charged me another whatever it was hourly!!!

Think the end cost was about £180.....The thing with renault is they seem to charge what they want when they want!!!

LY 200

Its a total pisstake considering the amount of time it took or didnt take to do it............Not to mention when it come out the standard immob wasnt linked to the clifford so everytime i got in the car to drive it i had to faff about with the renult key fob aswell as the clifford!!!

When i had my willy engine put in they it was linked it back up though!!!