ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control Fault

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Hi, I've got an 04 Clio 182 FF and have an interesting fault with my climate control. I can set it to max temp and get hot air out of it, set it to min temp and get cold air out of it but not on the same journey. Whatever the temp is set to when I start the ignition is what it stays at.

Puzzled what to start to test/replace, etc... Any help appreciated.

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Well bought a brand new Renault Clio 182 heater resisto, fitted it and still have the same problem, can get both hot or cold air out of unit but not one after the other. Have to turn ignition off :weary::angry:

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Checked the motors on the side of heater unit? I've seen some threads that mention the motors/spindles wear over time resulting in problems adjusting heat settings, would be worth a check to see

Clio 182 sport
Checked the motors on the side of heater unit? I've seen some threads that mention the motors/spindles wear over time resulting in problems adjusting heat settings, would be worth a check to see
Seeing as youve checked your resistor..this is definitely your next port of call bro

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Thanks for the help, will check this out. My new steering wheel will be here next week and I've got washers to fit under seat runners. Perfect time to mess around in drivers foot well when there's nothing in the car to get in my way :wink:

Clio 182 sport
Thanks for the help, will check this out. My new steering wheel will be here next week and I've got washers to fit under seat runners. Perfect time to mess around in drivers foot well when there's nothing in the car to get in my way :wink:
top stuff did my wheel a few weeks ago pretty straight forward just make sure the steering sensor is on yellow(not moved) before you hook the new wheel on and battery back up..this was the one thing no guide mentioned and caused me all kinds of headaches :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
if you can get this plugged into CLIP it will be very easy to diagnose. Usually a problem with one of the temperature sensors reading incorrectly.

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
top stuff did my wheel a few weeks ago pretty straight forward just make sure the steering sensor is on yellow(not moved) before you hook the new wheel on and battery back up..this was the one thing no guide mentioned and caused me all kinds of headaches :smile:

Thanks for the tip. How do I know if I've moved the steering wheel sensor?

if you can get this plugged into CLIP it will be very easy to diagnose. Usually a problem with one of the temperature sensors reading incorrectly.

Is it only Renault that have access to CLIP?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
well it is, those ebay units are cloned units. you have to then install the software on your laptop.

pretty much though yeah. Mine has paid for its self multiple times over.

Clio 182 sport
you will see the steering sensors behind the wheel bro its got a little window just make sure its on yellow (it turns to change colour)

Clio 182
Did you get anywhere with this? I have a similar prob, can get cold on min but on 16 degrees and above it tries to cook me. Fan works fine. Have done stepper motor / baffle fix and replaced interior temp sensor. It is as if the temp on climate control is mis calibrated....

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Hi, yeah the internal temp sensor had been disconnected in the roof of the head lining where the light is.