ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate control / heater not working

Clio 182 Cup
Hi I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar kind of problem.

I have a Clio 182 Cup and have the climate control. It is extremely effective when you want cold air but when you turn the temperature up (even on max) it still only blows out cold air. I have even tried on long journeys but still no warm air.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution?

Cheers,

Ange

Focus RS + S3
my resistor pack went, but my fans wouldnt blow at all, i got a reconditioned resistor pack off ebay for £30 delivered, and can be fitted yourself easily in under 10 minutes as its two bolts :)

BG 182
I have the same problem and found a post the other day showing pictures of where it is IIRC, sure somebody will post the link up? Does it matter if the units not brand new, dont personally want to buy a second hand one and then the same problem happen again

This has happened to mine to. No hot air at no matter what you turn the climate control up to. Blows fine just cold air. Weird thing is tho stopped the car turned it off then on and it worked. But the next time i started it it was still just cold. Been like this since yesterday

clio sport
if u guys join the clio sport member and look at the guide it tells u how to fix the problem urself and save some ££. Its a common problem. it happened on mine.

Focus RS + S3
They are circa £100 brand new, as stated i went for a recon unit as it came with a years warranty

Black Gold Trophy
This doesnt sound like a resistor pack fault to me.

Check the wiring to the left hand side of your feet when sat in the car, are all the plugs secured correctly.

Can your hear a motor whining when you adjust the temperature?

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Wouldn't think it would have an effect on the rear heaters, unless it's just a fuse.

When my resistor pack went, I took it out (its under the windscreen wipers, bit of a bugger to get to) I took the pack apart, cut out all the sealant and just got a replacement resistor from maplins for about 20p. Soldered it back together and it worked no problem. Can't remember what one it was I'm afraid though as it was years ago.