ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate control issue - 182

Hi guys, I know there are lots of threads about this but everyone seems to have a slightly different issue. ..I'm sure someone can help me :)

Basically my 182 worked brilliantly, climate control included but one day it just didn't work, the display is working fine and if I increase temp etc the display responds and it's all working fine in that sense, but it just doesn't blow any air, I can hear the fans changing direction when I adjust the aim to feet or dash etc, but it's just not doing anything....

Any ideas?

JCJ

Clio 182
Bout £130 new from renaults, £20-£30 second hand... but there's no guarantee a second hand one will last either.
Had the same problem with my car, wasn't going to pay £130 or rely on a used one, so did the fix http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ol-Resistor-Pack-(Clio-II)&highlight=resistor. Its pretty straight forward but the soldering can be tricky.
Ps don't use the MOSFET HUF75339P3 recommended in the post, it will work but won't last (as I found out). Use the HUF75344G3, get one on ebay £8.
There are people on ebay who can fix it for you. You send them the resistor, they fix and post back. £30-£40.
I'm just a cheapskate, so did it myself.
All working fine now, let me know if you have any problems.

If it sounds like the flaps are moving, but nothing happening, then it could be the cogs that move it have split. You have to take it apart & put a zip tie around it. I did it to my daughters Clio & it fixed it. I'll see if I can find the link.