ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climate Control won't turn off HELP!!

6/468 17poo
Driving today (mk2 172) climate control came on full power i turned it off and the display went off but the heaters were still on full power they wouldnt stop.

Pulled over turned off engine and turned it back on and it was still on!!!

I cant stand it making me feel sick what can i do?!!?!?!

Ryan

BMW M135i
The speed control pack is shot, common thing do a search for details. It wants changing or unplugging at least asap before it burns the fan out eventually.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
heator resistor pack around £80 from REnault. Located underneath the panel by front windscreen.

BMW M135i
Short pins 1 and 5 and the fan will again run flat out, its ready for the bin though and they're £100 unfortunately. When i've got them before renault have had them in stock which tells you something.

6/468 17poo
Picking up a new one tomo, cheers for your help, they didnt have one in stock so gotta wait but the stealer i go to is s**t lol

Clio Sport 172
Ryan did you buy a new one? I mentioned in another post that i had the same problem!! Can you give me an idea of what happened and how it was fixed before i do it this weekend!

cheers

BMW M135i
You fix it by unplugging the old one, taking 2 bastardly placed bolts out and putting the new one it then replugging it ;).

Its the thing to the right of the open skuttle with the 5 pin plug on it.

17102007242.jpg

BMW M135i
Its the heater fan speed control pack, a resistor pack is a different thing. Renault should know what you mean its a pretty common thing to f**k up.

Clio Sport 172
Interesting thing is my old man was a electrical engineer for a long time, so he bought the part that burnt out, Managed to get it going then it died when i turned on the ignition, so bought another part with higher impedance. Worked a charm £80 saved :D (Thanks to the old boy)

172 mk2 ph2
how much did it cost exacly bhm? as i think ive got the same problem but mine wont turn on :S lol