ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Climbing in the northwest

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Do we have any climbers here?

Ive been looking into the north west face in warrington but it looks like its only top roping and lead climbing.. Which would require someone to accompany me, interested? :eek:

But, can anyone tell me more info about it? Prices, membership, is there a bouldering wall/fingerboard etc

This place is 20 mins from me and would be ideal to occupy me as tbh I do f**k all when I'm not working lol

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
My mate is into all this Scott. Keeps pestering me to go. I'll have a chat with him and see what he knows and see where he goes etc.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Oh right.

Well it's £8 a session or £7 (off peak i.e. before 4pm on weekdays). Open 10am - 10pm Mon-Fri and 10am - 6pm Weekends.

There's also a place called Awesome Walls, they have two venues. Liverpool and Stockport.

I've never been there, but the Stockport one has the highest indoor leading wall in the UK.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
how long is a session? or is it all day? (the one in sunderland you could go at 9am and leave at 10pm lol) and do they do a membership? (discount etc)

i think itd be a while before i lead again, been away from it too long lol :(

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry yeah the £7/8 can be for the full day.

You can become a 'Life Member' for £10 which will make a day pass £7 instead of £8 and £6 off peak instead of £7.

Annual pass is £320

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
aah, ive always climbed since i was little on the bouldering walls, then 3 or so years ago my dad and mate got me into top roping and lead climbing but i stopped going as frequently as i started running out of people to climb with lol :( then before i knew it i hadnt been for a year.

i should be back on form after a couple of weeks though :p

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Forgot about this lol, probably not lol. I've lost pretty much all the strength from my fingers, I used to practise by doing pull ups on door frames lol... I tried it again not too long ago and couldn't hold on to them ha :(