ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio’s in and around Lichfield

As father and son....

I have now seen a few, with few details sticking except for the nicely modded 182 at the Trent Valley roundabout yesterday. If you are in or near Lichfield and pass through it regularly, drop a line on here.

ed

As father and son....

Currently driving my first Clio. Black 1.2 16V Dynamique, bought it 2nd hand from Shiptons in Burton on Trent. http://www.clan-xtra.co.uk/cars/clio for some early pics. Not yet had a decent day to get the mags stuff off my sister to clean it yet once i do ill post some more up.

Lee

BMW M2C

Matty, whats your 172 like? I see a modified silver one most days when I drive through Brownhills.

I live in Cannock. I think Im out on the piss in Lichfield next Friday!!

Renaultsport Clio 182

Im from the hard knock street of Burntwood so am passing through Lichfield most the time.

I have seen a few nice Clios around the area, however there have been some dog awful ones supplied by that Garage at Fiveways island near Cannock, you know the ones with big stickers and stuff!!!

Lee, I would be at my folks this weekend so may have popped into Lichfield on friday however Im down south with work and all being well another track day this time in a Focus RS. Im building up to getting mine on track, the missus is pushing for her name on the insurance and a trip to Germany..........oh dear!

Lee

BMW M2C

All sounds good to me Neal, except maybe letting her drive, but anything for a quiet life.

Its not this Friday Im over that way, its the 5th.

VaVa

Im in lichfield a fair bit. Have seen a few 182s including a Yellow one in Woolies car park. I have a 53 Silver 172 with Cup spoiler and Splitter and Turinis. Give me a flash if you see me a bout.

As father and son....

yeah will do nice to see a few friendly faces. Having a mare with mine right now :\ bought it from Shiptons and theyre a pack of jokers.

K20 EG Hatch

i live in cannock and my girlfriens lives in norton canes, i sleep there most nights and take her to work over lichfield. Never spotted anyone though. I drive a low black clio. Spotted me?

As father and son....

i think so yes coming up to the Trent Valley roundabout down near MotorMania/KwikFit. Looked pretty nice if it was you. any pics?

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Hotshot on 28 July 2005

yeah will do nice to see a few friendly faces. Having a mare with mine right now :\ bought it from Shiptons and theyre a pack of jokers.
I wouldnt touch Shiptopns with a barge pole. They were always bad, even when it was a poxy back street garage in Stretton. Theyve just been taken over and according to a mate of mine who works in the trade, the new owners put nearly 1000 quid on every car.

They sell a lot of sh*t too. Most of their second hand cars are scratched up and knocked aout. Not very pleasant to deal with either.

What colours your Clio?

As father and son....

Black, ive made em take out all the pings, dents, scratches. made em retexture the shoddy rear bumper too. The car was up for 5600, but got it down to 4499. Nice lookin exhaust there Dan, that the custom job from the other thread?

Once ive gone over this car with a fine tooth comb (and products) ill get some pictures up.

As father and son....

gotta pick up some parts from renault tamworth tommorrow, will attempt to give it a bit of a clean and put some pics up

VaVa

Is that place closing down? I used to shop there all he time. In fact Im going there on wednesday to pick up my suit for my mates wedding!! Never seen a Vee there though.

As father and son....

think ive seen the v6 your on about. ive bought a few t-shirts from there when i was a bit younger, and judging on how busy it was when it first opened im not surprised you have one :p

Might be nice if we get a few people together for a drink in Lich sometime?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 28 July 2005

Matty, whats your 172 like? I see a modified silver one most days when I drive through Brownhills.

I live in Cannock. I think Im out on the piss in Lichfield next Friday!!
Lee, the silver one in brownhills with 17s and lexus lights belongs to a girl,mines a black 172 youll know if you see mine my number plates matt

Lee i seen a trophy going up the orbitals a few weeks back i bet that was you

[Edited by matty w on 30 July 2005 at 11:10am]

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by coope182 on 28 July 2005

Im from the hard knock street of Burntwood so am passing through Lichfield most the time.

I have seen a few nice Clios around the area, however there have been some dog awful ones supplied by that Garage at Fiveways island near Cannock, you know the ones with big stickers and stuff!!!

Lee, I would be at my folks this weekend so may have popped into Lichfield on friday however Im down south with work and all being well another track day this time in a Focus RS. Im building up to getting mine on track, the missus is pushing for her name on the insurance and a trip to Germany..........oh dear!
Yeah them clios are sh*te from that welcome car centre heath hayes there about 6-7 grand

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Anybody round brownhills got a blue 182 with cup packs ?i raced it from shire oak lights up to muckley corner then down the a5

VaVa

You mean you happened to be sharing the same piece of carriageway whilst never exceeding the speed limit....;)

ps. who won?!!

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 30 July 2005

You mean you happened to be sharing the same piece of carriageway whilst never exceeding the speed limit....;)

ps. who won?!!
Me i pulled about 5 car lengths on him

VaVa

:D

Maybe we could have the next Mids Meet near Lich some where. Its fairly Central I would say, and a piece of piss to get to from the A38.... The fact that I happen to live ten minutes away has nothing to do with it. lol.

As father and son....

i could actually spit on the A38 from where i am right now :) was planning on washing the car and doing the interior today, typically i do one half of the car and it starts that very very irritating fine rain

K20 EG Hatch

i work at jc computing over stafford. only seen lees new motor once but seen him about in his old un a fair bit.

cant say i seen u other ppl, u have cliosport stickers? anyone seen a silver ph2 172 with oval exhaust cut into bumper over stafford? see him a fair bit

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by matty w on 30 July 2005Anybody round brownhills got a blue 182 with cup packs ?i raced it from shire oak lights up to muckley corner then down the a5

When was that? I had a Blue cup packed 182 before the Trophy. Doubt it was me though as Id have remembered. Its bound to have been me you saw on the Orbital though, I drive it every day. In fact Im sure Ive posted Ive spotted you on here before.

The one with the Lexus lighs I see in Brownhills is driven by an Indian lad by the looks of it, certainly not a women. I do see lots of silver 172s in Cannock driven by women though.

BTW, Im network support spod here: http://www.swordfishstudios.comSwordfish part of http://www.vugames.com/Vivendi Universal

Lee

BMW M2C

Sorry mate, not at the moment. Programmers and Artists are wanted but no one in my department. Just me and my boss.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 30 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by matty w on 30 July 2005Anybody round brownhills got a blue 182 with cup packs ?i raced it from shire oak lights up to muckley corner then down the a5

When was that? I had a Blue cup packed 182 before the Trophy. Doubt it was me though as Id have remembered. Its bound to have been me you saw on the Orbital though, I drive it every day. In fact Im sure Ive posted Ive spotted you on here before.

The one with the Lexus lighs I see in Brownhills is driven by an Indian lad by the looks of it, certainly not a women. I do see lots of silver 172s in Cannock driven by women though.

BTW, Im network support spod here: http://www.swordfishstudios.comSwordfish part of http://www.vugames.com/Vivendi Universal
Lee,that asian lad in the silver 172 with lexus lights is an asian girl.She was at sutton park renault the other day when i was there.i think shes a bit of a tomboy