ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clio ‘06, spare key won’t start engine

Renault Clio 1.2
Hi all, I have a Clio 1.2v Expression, that I can’t current use because my spare key won’t turn the engine on.

I had to stop using my normal key because the unlock/lock buttons were being unusable, so I started using my spare key instead.

Then my spare key broke, so I had to start using my normal key again, but to try and make things easier, I put the motherboard of my spare key into my normal key (big mistake, I know that now) and tried to start my car yesterday, and it won’t start, everything else comes up, the dashboard lights up as it should, but when I turn the key into ignition, the engine doesn’t start.

I tried switching back to my normal key, but I am unable to unlock and lock the doors with that one now, and when I put the car into the ignition, the engine tries to start, but doesn’t. Any help? As you can probably tell, I’m not very good with cars.