ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v D4F rough idle problem...

Clio 1.2 16v
Hey guys, first post :)

I've searched Google and forums for the past week trying to figure this out, but basically the car starts fine, idles fine for a few minutes but after a short drive it judders on idle, as if it's shaking on its mountings like a misfire but the Rev counter is still though so it doesn't indicate a misfire to me? Yesterday I cleaned the throttle body (actually took it out and sprayed a load of brake cleaner and used a soft brush) it was gummed up quite bad. Also there was a bit of oil in the manifold (around 100ml or so... Normal?)

Also in second gear, it hesitates when the throttle is pressed, then past 2.5k revs or so it lunges as if it's found power?

A mate of mine told me to take it for a hard drive and boot it to the redline in first and second, which did nothing but make a noise.

I should also add that I do a lot of short journeys on a cold engine (usually no more than 5 or 6 miles) so naturally my oil filler cap was caked in the 'tesco value extra thick double cream' stuff. Also, see the photo. The hole next to the throttle body is also filled with the gunky oil (is this the pcv valve?) I cleaned that out and the hole it sits on too,pit everything back together and took it for a spin, seemed fine at first, ran as smooth as butter but when it warmed up a little it judderd again on idle waiting at a junction. It's doing my head in now as it's only done 63k with 2 owners and never really had any issues besides the tdc sensor needing a clean a few months back, any ideas? (map sensor possibly?) thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 20150210_124630.jpg
    20150210_124630.jpg
    979.3 KB · Views: 1,266
  Iceberg PH1 172
the hole next to the throttle body is also filled with the gunky oil (is this the pcv valve?)

If it ran nicely after cleaning this. Is it not possible it has gunked up again? Im no mechanic by all means but id look at that again.

Clio 1.2 16v
It ran fine for about another ten minutes, I surely it couldn't get clogged that quickly? :eek: bit of a pain taking the manifold off to look lol