ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 2004 dyamique airbag/serv light on

PH2 clio 1.2 16v
Hi,
So I had to replace my two front seats as the rollers where jammed and this is not MOT passable understandably.

So I bolt up the new seats and plug in the wires and start her up the airbag/serv light are on so i spray wd40 in the airbag/pre tensioner connectors which did not help. So I cut out all the connectors and solder the wires up and cover them with heat shrink still no luck.

I did also try a guys airbag ecu from exact same clio just incase water damaged but same result. airbags have never been activated so the ecu should be grand.

Now i'm thinking the seats airbag and pretensioners are either faulty or not compliant with the car. I had a guy tell me to stick a 3.3 ohm resistor on the airbag and pretensioner leads and that should do as a temp solution for my MOT can anybody testify to this? if so i'm not to sure which leads are which?

Any other ideas are welcome and thanks in advance for your help.

..Jack..

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi,
So I had to replace my two front seats as the rollers where jammed and this is not MOT passable understandably.

So I bolt up the new seats and plug in the wires and start her up the airbag/serv light are on so i spray wd40 in the airbag/pre tensioner connectors which did not help. So I cut out all the connectors and solder the wires up and cover them with heat shrink still no luck.

I did also try a guys airbag ecu from exact same clio just incase water damaged but same result. airbags have never been activated so the ecu should be grand.

Now i'm thinking the seats airbag and pretensioners are either faulty or not compliant with the car. I had a guy tell me to stick a 3.3 ohm resistor on the airbag and pretensioner leads and that should do as a temp solution for my MOT can anybody testify to this? if so i'm not to sure which leads are which?

Any other ideas are welcome and thanks in advance for your help.

The resistor will work, done it on mine due to internal connection on pretensioner unit breaking up, if you're a paid member on here just look in guides :)

PH2 clio 1.2 16v
Sounds good I will give that a shot then and report back. Looks like I will have to be buying premium membership then lol