ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 8v not starting

Honda Civic 1.5
Hi guys, i'm here new and i've got a problem with the missus Clio.

It's a basic 1.2 8v with 76k in the clock, on a 51 plate. We came to use it today and when turning the key in the ignition the electrics go mad, the speedo and rev counter needles vibrate, static comes from the speakers and you can hear a clicking from the glovebox and engine bay. The clock also resets itself.

I'm currently thinking it's either a flat battery (but surely this wouldn't cause the electrics to go mad?) or a broken starter motor (but yet again, i'm not sure how this would affect the rest of the cars electrics).

If anyone could shed some light on this problem it'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

P.s. i've tried doing a search but all results seem to be for 172s etc and i can't find anyone who's had the same issues regarding the wobbly dash needles etc!

Last edited:
  145db Euro'd clio
try your coil pack.
i'd personally hook up another battery quickly after cleaning wd-40ing and tightening all the terminals. if that fails then try the coil pack.
Even if its not that, worth changing as they tend to go at about 80k anyway!