ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 8v top speed?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Put it this way; you could find out for yourself by testing it past a school. On a cul-de-sac. And you'd still not be breaking the law.

Albi 197
Lol, I wish...

I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was around 99mph... but last night when I was bored... It quite happily managed 110, Granted it took a long time, but I'm still pleased :)

speedo always reads a tad higher iirc.

you have a satnav or a road angel? they will show your actual speed

Renaultsport 200
Lol, I wish...

I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was around 99mph... but last night when I was bored... It quite happily managed 110, Granted it took a long time, but I'm still pleased :)

Toot toot!! All aboard!

:clown:

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
109mph for me, and that's not because it hit the limiter, it's because I'm convinced the car would have just disintegrated if it went any faster.

Was tested on a huge downhill.

BUT yes the GPS mph indicator is 5mph slower than my speedo. So could have been 104?

Albi 197
I got a pic of the satnav saying 100, didn't dare take hands off the wheel after that LOL

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
must of been a fokin long road to get to 110
ive got about 85 out of mine, then i ran out of british isles.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol they take their speedo reading add 5mph onto it and then boast about it.

i had a guy in an astra gsi talk to me about his mates "2 litre sport clio" which done 170mph when he fitted a miltek exhaust! where do i get one of those lol

fiesta 1.25
112 ish on private land going down hill with the wind pushing me along.

Probably 100 without and that takes about 10 minutes to get.

Albi 197
Do ignore the road... xD

dsc00101vvy.jpg

320d
Could have just took a picture of the max speed reached when you stopped.....

I have only been over 100 (speedo) in my car literally a couple of times, they just don't move after 90 so little point trying, I get no enjoyment out of it and its putting unnessisary strain on the car holding it at 5K revs for miles and miles accelerating at 1mph per mile.

Albi 197
Satnav doesn't have top speed reached (I don't think?)

And I really don't care about straining the car, I have a megane diesel on standby :)

F56 MINI Cooper S
105, f**king hell, wat revs is it on at this speed. My 1.2 16v is on 4k at 80mph and feels like it wont go much more.

MK7 Fiesta TDCI ZS
99mph is said for the same engine in the clio campus. 110?! Wtf yeah driving it off a cliff...Or speedo seriously needs recalibrating!!

Fastest ive been is 80 -had loose tappets and affected the knocking sensor quite badly so id randomly loose 20 mph at times!!! Havent tried it out on motorway since but runs a lot better in normal driving

Dont need top speed anyway its all about acceleration :rasp: which 1.2 8vs are crap at.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
8vs dont have that top end power that the 16v's have if you can call it that lol my old 1.2 used to give silly indicated speeds compaired to others but i just beleive it was plain fucked lol

110 can be done down a hill + tail wind, but it wont be sounding to health plus youll be so bored by the time you reach 100 you will have given up!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Pmsl at that picture. I can't even begin to work out what any of it says.