ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 - handling mods etc, advice wanted

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Hey,

Basically, starting between june-> september this year I'll be starting a 12month placement (I've yet to get one secured, but have been applying since janurary). I'm working on the assumption that I'll get one eventually, and the pay will be around £12k over the year.

So, I plan to commute from home (if possible), in which case I'll be covering quite a few miles a day.

My dad has offered to buy the clio off me at £2k, (so I can upgrade to a bigger car for safety reasons), however I'd prefer to keep the clio because of its high MPG and small hatchback-ness.

I've recently found my 1.2 rolling a little in the corners, and would like a smoother/more controlled ride.

What handling mods are available for the 1.2's? And which are the most effective?

Cheers, James

P.S. If the Clio goes I think I'll get a Focus Zetec 1.6 - I've been looking on fish4.co.uk and they seem very cheap atm - £7k for 16000 miles, 6 cd changer etc & climate control.

P.S.P.S. The Clio is at around 35,000 miles and is an Authentique - i.e. lacks everything

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Any idea of costs & specific part names? I'm afraid I've no experience or knowledge with car parts....

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
You can get springs on here for around £40 which will lower the car 40mm, makes a big difference in the corners. Otherwise go for a full coilover set, some brakes, strip the car.

BG 182 FF
I fink brakes wont need to be messed with a great deal imo. But strip it out, thats free just cos some of your time, then get some collies and lower profile tyres all and all i reckon about 600-700 quid :)