ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 MOT advice

Vauxhall Combo!
My girlfriend has a 1998 Clio 1.2 with 63,000 on it.

Its been stood for a year almost and just need a bit of advice on what is needed for an ''average'' car of this age come MOT time.

She will be taking her test soon and I want to get it ready for her, I just need to prepare for the wallet bashing!

Vauxhall Combo!
Oil and oil filters dont effect an mot, I just wondered if maybe there were any faults that these are prone to.

A general check of wearing components such as brakes and suspension and that sort of stuff might be an idea

Just a general cehck not much can be described as common though.

A service can help with emmisions plus an italian tune up and some new fuel.

Clio 99' 1.2
my car failed on a fractured spring, don't know how he could of spoted it as there powerder coated. Had front springs replaced costing £140. This was a kwic-fit

BG 182
Mine failed a few weeks ago on, front near side spring cracked, discs and pads worn, handbrake bolts loose and a bracket on the anti roll bar had snapped and the bloke told me around 1 in 3 clios have his "common" problem.