ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.2 mpg...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
ive got a 1.2 16v clio, 04 plate, done 16500 miles,

im only averaging about 41mpg, i dont rag the crap out of it really, only once or twice a week or something, but even then it never drops below 40, does anyone else notice this?

a lot of my driving is nipping about, not too many long cruises so i dont expect it to be in the 50's, but thought it would be a bit higher!

RB 200 Cup!
thats pretty good to be honest

my 1.6 usually ranges from 35 to 46 depending on driving so yours sounds about right

UR 197, AB 182 FF
When did you last reset your mpg clock?

40+ isnt bad for a 1.2 but I'd expect it to get slightly higher.

My car wont go below 43 even if I am very heavy footed, but then again, thats diesel vs petrol.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i reset it everytime i fill up, once a week-ish!

ive had it to 99.9mpg whilst coasting!
it did 57.something on a cruise to skeggy from derby!
lowest ive had it is 12.something just after i had reset it and had to hammer it out if the petrol station in rush hour!!!

Chocolate Bar™
dont reset it all the time as it takes time to give a 'more accurate' measure.

i once measured mine using a calculator going off total miles from a tank and distance covered and it worked out at 47.summit. computer was showing just over 48 so wasnt miles out.

doing 60mph on the motorway = 65mpg. normal driving albeit steadily = 50ish. then normal driving with traffic and stuff = a steady 47. lowest ive had over a prolonged period was 44 when i was ragging it everywhere to get to places on time :clown:

pepsi69 said:

im only averaging about 41mpg, i dont rag the crap out of it really, only once or twice a week or something, but even then it never drops below 40, does anyone else notice this?

a lot of my driving is nipping about, not too many long cruises so i dont expect it to be in the 50's, but thought it would be a bit higher!

exactly the same here mine a campus done 3000miles and drive much the same as you.

M2 Competition
How does the mpg clock work? Wondered this the other day.

ie, is it the mpg you are doing at that moment, or the total average since its been reset, or the average mpg for the last so many metres...

Anybody know?

Golf GTD
pepsi69 said:

mines the exact same, i get 400miles to a tank, doesnt matter if i rag it, cruise on a motorway or drive like a granny. 400miles.

its a 1.2 8v aswell.

BMW M135i
Mine never used to go over 40 and that was working it out by only getting 400 miles from a tank. The 1.6 i've got now drinks less juice than that thing did, was usually in the low 30s and I didn't used to rag it everywhere either thought I might as well have, the last few courtesy cars i've had i've ragged senseless and they still were better on the motion lotion.

Peperami said:
How does the mpg clock work? Wondered this the other day.

ie, is it the mpg you are doing at that moment, or the total average since its been reset, or the average mpg for the last so many metres...
The ECU knows how much fuel its injected via the injectors as it tells the car how much fuel to inject.
The speed signal goes to the ECU from the ABS systems on the cars without gearbox sesnors
The fuel tank sensor tells the trip how much fuel is in the tank and the trip internal closck notes how long the engine has been running.
Its takes a few miles to settle down I'd say 100 miles to be truely accurate.
To give you an idea I clocked how much fuel went into my car and how much (according to the trip being burned) over 25k or so from new and it was accurate to 0.5% and it was underreading.

Its an adverage since it was last reset.