ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1*2 Prices

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm noticing a lot of very expensive 1*2 on the market of late. I sold my 182 Race Car this time last year for £6,500 and it was a proper machine with 80k with no expense spared. I'm seeing lesser track cars now up for £8,000.

My BG daily with 130,000 went to a nice chap on CS in October for £2,000 and I also threw in some spares. Anybody who saw that car or followed the build thread knew it wasn't an average car. Now I'm seeing s**t boxes advertised for double.

I am now starting to think I gave them away or has the market suddenly gone nuts? Used cars are still pretty strong but prices have definitely cooled a little.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  997 C4S
funny you should post this. I was looking at Trophy's this morning then started looking at 172 cups.

While looking I noticed how expensive some standard 182's were. A fair old jump from when I looked last year.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it’s weird. I thought I could read the market but lately it’s gone bonkers. I mean it’s not a bad thing as I still own a restored 83k RB 182, but by these prices mine should sell for £10,000 which is crazy in my opinion.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There seems to be a real disconnect, there are some going for cheap (probably a fair priced) and then some that are absolutely bonkers. I saw a Cat-N the other day BG cup packed, rusty as you like for £4k.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There seems to be a real disconnect, there are some going for cheap (probably a fair priced) and then some that are absolutely bonkers. I saw a Cat-N the other day BG cup packed, rusty as you like for £4k.
Nuts! I suppose asking is one thing, whether they get it is another. I had half the world after the BG and I only advertised the race car on Piston Heads Saturday morning and it was on a delivery truck by Sunday afternoon. Some of these cars are sticking mind, so maybe I'm being more realistic.

Low mileage Trophies, 172 CUPS, I understand will fetch a premium.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've just insured my 172 for £6,500. When asked about why I believe that to be the value I basically said the gearbox was 2k alone (Quaife) and to buy anything close to that minus the box would set you back 5k easily. I can happily provide prices and receipts for the parts I've put on it. I daren't add it all up though

Prices are on the up. I wish I had a place I could restore my 182, it's currently sat under my brother's carport feeling sorry for itself. It had belts done 5k miles ago and it's 3 years overdue which shows you how much it's been used. I forget I even have it most of the time 😂

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just insured my 172 for £6,500. When asked about why I believe that to be the value I basically said the gearbox was 2k alone (Quaife) and to buy anything close to that minus the box would set you back 5k easily. I can happily provide prices and receipts for the parts I've put on it. I daren't add it all up though

Prices are on the up. I wish I had a place I could restore my 182, it's currently sat under my brother's carport feeling sorry for itself. It had belts done 5k miles ago and it's 3 years overdue which shows you how much it's been used. I forget I even have it most of the time 😂
You've got to get that 182 restored fella. I did all of mine on the drive.

I think I'm just getting the itch for another race car and don't like the prices :ROFLMAO: Not bitter at all :ROFLMAO:

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the reasons I decided to make mine a track car was that id probably spend £3k on a car then spend £4k sorting it for track. Given mines a write off i may as well spend the money on this and then if the box dies or engine I have money to fix this one.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the reasons I decided to make mine a track car was that id probably spend £3k on a car then spend £4k sorting it for track. Given mines a write off i may as well spend the money on this and then if the box dies or engine I have money to fix this one.
Yes, that makes sense Richard. I'll probably make the RB a bit more track/road oriented once I get bored. The trouble with a pure race car is you need a trailer, 4x4, extra road tax, fuel and storage fees. Been there!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's always the occasional idiot dealer who gets a 182 Cup in, thinks it's big money and slaps it up for a high price, usually copying the description from a 172 Cup as they're basically the same anyway.

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Trophy Rs265
Like you said Mr Underhill the Car Trade is seeing it's usual seasonal madness - however with people maybe being a little more cautious at the minute on Big Ticket Motors 20k plus that struggle to pass a petrol station, does this play into the hands of the Clio Sport to make it a great buy at the minute -

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like you said Mr Underhill the Car Trade is seeing it's usual seasonal madness - however with people maybe being a little more cautious at the minute on Big Ticket Motors 20k plus that struggle to pass a petrol station, does this play into the hands of the Clio Sport to make it a great buy at the minute -
So you think it's just seasonal as opposed to them suddenly becoming thin on the ground? Around the time I was selling mine, the prices were rock bottom and weren't shifting at all.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
We have been busy but it's the age old hard to replace stock. We have found the price is the price, very few say £500 off?.

The past two weeks have been really good TBF.

But car sales is ass. I love it though

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Normal 172s still seem to sell for 2k or less for a ropey one on the facebook groups, interesting that the 182 is gaining that much more value.
Supply of 182s must just be drying up, even according to the inaccurate howmanyleft, there were nearly 6 thousand 182 cup/non-cups in 2006, now only 1700 taxed as of Q2 2022.
I don't think they'll have the 25 year old spike in price, I doubt many Americans are interested in Clios other than the vee, but they're said to be such a good N/A hot hatch by the motoring press, I don't see how the demand for them relative to supply will ever go down.

npt

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW 320d- 172 cup
The prices are way to high imo but I guess they are selling, the meganes have gone the same, daft money even for abused ones...its mad

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just think there are a couple of traders who have been punting the same cars at inflated prices for a while now. Prices are definitely on the rise, which is completely logical. But I don’t think in reality they’ve gone mad. Even when I bought my current one nearly 3 years ago, a decent 182 was £3500. Now a decent 182 is about £4500, it will sell quickly as well. I’ve seen numerous cars being sold by driveway traders who have polished the car, fitted a ‘new’ car (read scrapped the original) had the belts ‘supposedly’ replace and tried to double their money. The cars go around and around. They don’t sell…but I certainly don’t think it’s a bad time to own a 182….says the man with itchy feet for something different

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you thinking of moving away from owning a Renault Russ ???
Not sure Nick…just itchy feet. I’m getting a Tesla for work and I want something I can enjoy at weekends. Either a Porsche itch, possibly stick with Renault and buy a Megane 250…I also have very small balls and have gotten particularly tight in my later years, so I’ll likely do nothing and spend more money ruining the Clio

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182 Trophy Rs265
HaHa Russ - you sound just like me - I think working in the Motor-trade makes you feel that way -small balls and tight as F**k.
However if I could find a Gen-1 Boxster Spyder with the right spec it might tempt my head to buy it -

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to change my car every month. The Clio’s are the only ones I’ve ever kept. 5 years of ownership is not in my DNA. I haven’t even finished my RB resto yet and I’m already thinking of flogging it or creating another track focussed version of it. I’m the guy who bought a £35,000 i30N, drove it for a few weeks, then parked it up while i drove an old £500 Clio 182 about everywhere. Then flogged it and lost my arse on it. I’ve had Golf R’s, Civic Type R’s, Pug GTi‘s, R/S Fords, you name it, but there’s something about these little French cars that keeps you hooked.

I think being able to drive lots of new cars every 3 months fed an addiction I didn’t realise I had, until I came out of my company car.

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Not sure Nick…just itchy feet. I’m getting a Tesla for work and I want something I can enjoy at weekends. Either a Porsche itch, possibly stick with Renault and buy a Megane 250…I also have very small balls and have gotten particularly tight in my later years, so I’ll likely do nothing and spend more money ruining the Clio
I have the itchy feet syndrome at the moment, seriously considering selling my LY 220 Trophy and Ph1 Clio V6 and trying an R35 GTR...

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  VW T6
I look at mine that I sold pre COVID, BG - 4 owners, 105k, FSH etc. Went for £1950. Reckon with a spit and polish it would be closer to £3250 now.

Should of just parked it up, and kept it!