ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Project

Clio 1.2
Hey guys, here's my Clio I've owned it since April 2010. I'm not really sure what I will be doing to to but I do have a rough idea. Also the bonus is I am set on a Clio 1*2 as my next car and I can transfer most things off this Clio on to the new one when I get it!

Here's a pic which is what it sort of looks like now
34681tf.jpg

It's looking a bit worse off at the moment, splitter is off passenger front fog light is in the boot both due to the snow a while back, wheels are kerbed and square but they're winter wheels, the car is covered in scratches big thanks to the w**k stains who put a cone on my roof, local cats and people who have studs on their jeans.

So I wrapped the plastic trims just before FCS last year and it lasted a while, but the rear started to peel and the front has split and is all over the place so that will be getting fixed soon - NEVER use vinyl from Homebase no matter how desperately you need it.

I have a new set of BBS style wheels (chrome lip and black centre) in the house waiting for some money to get some tyres on them.
Would like the windows blacked out to keep with the stealth look...
Also have started to smooth a lot of things myself first time was on my 172 rear bumper
2drdsti.jpg

Still a little rough around the edges needs one more layer of filler and then sand back will sort this out very soon, front bumpers will probably have some smoothing to and all the black plastics will be colour coded or sprayed satin black.

Last edited:
Hey guys, here's my Clio I've owned it since April 2010. I'm not really sure what I will be doing to to but I do have a rough idea. Also the bonus is I am set on a Clio 1*2 as my next car and I can transfer most things off this Clio on to the new one when I get it!

Here's a pic which is what it sort of looks like now
34681tf.jpg

It's looking a bit worse off at the moment, splitter is off passenger front fog light is in the boot both due to the snow a while back, wheels are kerbed and square but they're winter wheels, the car is covered in scratches big thanks to the w**k stains who put a cone on my roof, local cats and people who have studs on their jeans.

So I wrapped the plastic trims just before FCS last year and it lasted a while, but the rear started to peel and the front has split and is all over the place so that will be getting fixed soon - NEVER use vinyl from Homebase no matter how desperately you need it.

I have a new set of BBS style wheels (chrome lip and black centre) in the house waiting for some money to get some tyres on them.
Would like the windows blacked out to keep with the stealth look...
Also have started to smooth a lot of things myself first time was on my 172 rear bumper
2drdsti.jpg

Still a little rough around the edges needs one more layer of filler and then sand back will sort this out very soon, front bumpers will probably have some smoothing to and all the black plastics will be colour coded or sprayed satin black.

Hello bud, gonna keep an eye on this as ill be interested to see how the smoothed bumper turns out :)

Is that a cupra splitter one the front bumper - bit of a snow plow haha ;-) just got a fabia vrs splitter for mine. Check out my thread as I have a 1.2 too :)

Clio 1.2
Ok cool, I can put up a little tutorial thing on how to do it, looking back now I should have been more careful and drawn the line that I needed to follow for the lip but I just went in head first haha its come out ok though thankfully...

Yeahh it was haha will be back on soon! yeah it wont be out in the snow again lol.
I'll have a look tonight mate :)

2007 Clio 197
Looks good! I have a black 1.2 clio also, Also in the process of smoothing a rear 172 bumper haha! are the trims wrapper in gloss black? it looks like a good match in the photos.

Clio 1.2
Thanks guys, The wrap was from homebase I put some on some on of the guys cars before and sold it shortly so I never knew how it went, Tbh mate as long as it was black I was happy with it but it did turn out to be a decent match, I war wrapping the rear bumper trim 11pm the day before FCS so it was very rushed but lasted well...

I want it to go lower but then it will be totally impractical as a daily...

2007 Clio 197
Lower than that imo would kill it. Looks a great height as jesus said.... and you cant argue with jesus. :) also, whats the splitter off of? looks really good!

Clio 1.2
Yeahh when the wheels are on I'll decide...

It's the Cupra R splitter about £40 from a dealer