ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1*2 Running Costs - My actual figures over 45k miles

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Maybe worth a sticky?

Thought these may be useful for anyone looking into buying one of these great little cars.

Using the Pistonheads running cost calculator, i do a detailed breakdown of everything spent on my cars. It covers:

Depreciation
Insurance
Tyres
Tax
Servicing/repairs (luckily just routine servicing stuff + cambelt on Cup/Trophy)
Upgrades (brakes, exhaust, air filter - when originals gave up)
and finally Fuel costs.

182RunningCosts.gif

172CupRunningCosts.gif

TrophyRunningCosts.gif

Whilst, the figures may appear high, they do include everything and as such, offer a real insight into the cost of driving such a car :star:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Good idea. I'm beginning to realise what it costs to run a 1*2. (coming from a 1.2). I'm stretched pretty thin tbh.

172 cup
Nice write up and good for anybody thinking of buying to read. My 172 Cup I would say is very close to your figure too. Not cheap to run these cars but well worth the smile they give on a spirited early morning drive :D

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Mind if I post mine up? Also using the PH calculator. My insurance makes the cost per mile eye watering (being 21) :(

clio 182
wouldn t like to guess mine tbh ive only had it just oer 2months and it set me bk a pretty penny already :(

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Surley the petrol calculations got to be blind guess work with prices in Britain all over the place in the last 7 years...?

Last edited:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Mind if I post mine up? Also using the PH calculator. My insurance makes the cost per mile eye watering (being 21) :(

Nah, bung it up!!

The calculator is in 'members', then 'my garage' section of PH. And yes, petrol prices are difficult to judge, so i base it on the average pence per litre of fuel for the period that i own the car ...

Last edited:
  320d
To be fair Sir_Dave does a lot more than average mileage so petrol and consumables costs are inflated over what most peoples would be.

Still a good guide though, they're not as cheap to run as it would appear for a car that is cheap to buy.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Honestly, I do get 37 mpg day to day. Over time though it's possible it's a bit lower.

carcalc.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Could someone do one for a DCi or something, these costs are scaring me lol

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Could someone do one for a DCi or something, these costs are scaring me lol

Ha ha I'm very happy with £891 running costs over 6 months and 4500 miles :approve: (not counting insurance as a running cost)

All signs were pointing to big bills (and the horror stories), but waiting for a well looked after one appears to have paid off.