ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1*2 stripped out track tyres pressures!!

172 Cup
I'm off to the nürburgring on Friday and was just wondering what tyre pressures to run on the track, I've got a 172 cup which is fully stripped out running on 15" Yokohama Parada spec 2 tyres. I've read on a couple of threads that people run 24/25 cold and about 30/31 hot is this going to be ok or do people reccomend other pressures?

Cheers

Ben

WRX
I've heard of even lower cold for the Ring but wouldn't go too low. For normal track use those figures are about right. Reckon trial and error, see how you go/what feels right.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not the same. Went out at Anglesey today and didn't check the pressures, I know my bad. In my defence I got new tyres fitted and asked for 30 all round. Anyway after a few laps, I adjusted them to 26 allround, miles better. But like Fred says you will know through trial and error whats best.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
In my experience, 18 cold means about 30 hot.

I ran 22 cold in mine and they went to 40 hot! lol.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I started at 30/28 cold. The fronts went over 40! Whoops! Dropped them throughout the day to 32 hot but just wondering what everyone else does

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
On paradas, I would aim for about 28-30 when hot.

Put 25 or so in, do an initial lap to get some temp in, and then set them to 30.

Just remember when you then let it cool right back down, you'll be sub 20 probably so obviously put some air back in before driving off home after its been parked in the car park or take it steady the first few corners if going out cold with it that low.

182 FF, A6 Avant
I drop to around 25 cold then do a few laps and get them up to temp. Aim for 30 hot and then tweak as required.