ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 TCE v Twingo GT?

Italian 3.2 V6
mates thinking on either of them... Same engines, any1 know what bhp can b made from the 1.2 turbo engine? 20bhp? Filter, zorst, remap?

I rekon GT as it would be more fun and chukable on the corners! Plus it's alot lighter so it would b quicker..

Thoughts..?

The Twingo GT is surprisingly quick off the line.

The clio is quite a bit heavier so wont feel as quick.

Clio - For the room/comfort.
Twingo - For the quickness

a lowered remaped tce gt twingo would give an rs twingo a good run imo the twingo its horrid though :(

remap should see 125brake

id take the clio

Last edited:
  Black Twingo GT
I have a Twingo GT (bought due to stupid distance to work, sold my 182 for it). I get 40+mpg all day long in it it great in that respect.

I have driven the Clio 1.2T (I had one for three weeks over Novemebr while my car was in the garage) and mine. For motorways and overtaking I thought that the clio was a smoother drive. It also felt torquier, though Im pretty sure the Twingo is that bit quicker mid range. The interior in the Clio is much nicer.

Neither car are super quick by any stretch of the imagination and in many case I get frustrated with the acceleration of the Twingo (I end up shouting at it), though mid range in 3rd-4th it sometimes surprises me. 1st is a joke its probably good for 20mph and the boost is limited (It is 980kg and 100bhp so the acceleration should be great but the 1st gear kills it). I'd much prefer the Clio box in the Twingo.

I plan on getting mine chipped once I have got an exhaust on it, though a de-cat is apparently a s**t to fit as the cat is on the back of the engine. I have a K and N filter on it and I have the return pipe on the dump valve removed so it hisses and wooshes and does the chavy turbo noises. (Only Forge and KTec do dump valves currently with the correct springs).

There are a few businesses doing maps and stuff for the car, there are a few claiming 130ish bhp but there are limits, I wouldn't trust my gearbox. 15-20 is more feasable. Simon Betty (the afore mentioned GT) owner has been looking into this more than me. There are rumours the injectors won't do much more so I have some 182 ones for when I finally get mine mapped.

To get decent power it'll be expensive, new turbo, strengthened bolts (it runs 9.5:1 ratio, not good on higher boost for those of you who don't know), New Injectors, FMC, map and possibly bring on gear box issues.

My recommendation? For a run about that does decent mpg get the twingo, for a bigger more comfortable car get the Clio. Want something fast? Then go for a year old 197 for the same cash.

Just my 2 pence...

Dan

tbh it would have to be my Twingo GT

DSC013622.jpg

Serious now i had a Clio TCE on the strip at piod a few months back and i beat him, i prefer the Twingo also depends on the drive, whats been done etc!

Oh and as for ganes with exhaust, map (stage 1) and standard injectors along with filter your looking at 20-27ish, i got a map that give me 24 lol was a tailored map but wouldn't advize it with standard injectors, k-tec are doing a stage 2 map for them, i hope to get my GT 150+

Black Twingo GT
That would be nice Si. Though the gearbox will probably DIE.

I'll be watching your threads on Twingooc mate!

Dan

Italian 3.2 V6
thanks guys, hav helpd my mate make his mind up.. GT it is... love that black GT and 150bhp is very impressive for a car of its class and especially since you could get it down to about 875kg or sumit.. thats 1*2 speeds.. maby a tad quicker!

Fiesta ST2
I have the 1.2 tce clio and tbh id get neither If I had the chance again Id get an RS even the megane 175 DCI very nippy even more so with a remap and good mpg.. the twingo inside is horrible (the normal ones anyway havn't see the GT) and the clio rolls like a hoe and revs its nuts off and is still not really moving..

If I HAD to get one still think id get the clio just because im sitting inside it doing 30k+ mile a year and if I had to look at the inside of a twingo that much id blow my brains :)

Clio 172 RS2
Dunno'... you looking into a new and more modern car then the Twingo GT.

It's a funky car but after having test-driven the Twingo RS, i'm still glad i bought a Clio 172 RS2. Just the quicker car. More space, better interior.

I know that's no true comparison but still...

Thanks for the comments about my car people! And thanks to the TOC thread watchers :)

As far as gearbox dying it probably will but will need to find away around it, i think it's currently running at 120bhp for hem interested and i really want to push to hit £150 will cost an arm and leg and lack of funds at the moment but will be really happy if i can achieve it/be the first