ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4 16v No Spark/Not starting

Clio
[h=2][/h]
Hi Guys I have a Clio 1.4 16v, its cranking over, fuel pump is priming, but no spark at the plugs. Any Ideas?

Thx in advance​

Cliosport 172 cu
It's one of three ignition/compression/air&fuel. When you done the new coils did you put the leads on in the right firing order

Cliosport 172 cu
You might have done some think when doing the belt then was it all timed up right. Ok if you got fuel and compression then it's the start system/ignition problem but make sure cam ain't slipped

Clio
If the cam slipped compression would be down. I'll double check timing tomorrow. I'v still no spark at the plugs, checked wiring to crank sensor, all fuses ect, might have to try new sensor.

Cliosport 172 cu
Try new sensor really could be a few things what did you use to test the spark. Spark tester or plug on the engine joby

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
The loom was an issue on the crank sensors, I'd have a check of that (loom closest to the sensor)

Clio
Hi Guys sorry for the delay. Problem solved. I went through all the earth straps and connections, cleaned and replaced one. Fired first time.