ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4 2001 Won't Start

2001Renault Clio 1.4
Hi Guys, I'm new here!

A few weeks ago I bought a 2001 Clio 1.4 manual and last night on my way back from work and while I was driving I heard a strange noise then looked down at the revs and saw the engine was not running. While I was still rolling I pulled over to the side of the road and popped the bonet.
Nothing seemed unusual.
I tried cranking it again, the battery and starter motor were turning the engine just fine, but it just won't turn over and start.
I left it there and came back the following morning to look in the daylight and nothing seems to look wrong. Tried starting it again and it still doing the same thing, turning but not starting.

I've attached a video of what happens when I try starting it, and a photo of the lights on the dash.

Need to get her up and running since it is my daily car :)

Thanks, Jordan

Attachments

• IMG_2852.MOV
    79.8 MB
  • tempImage768LGW.png
    tempImage768LGW.png
    9.7 MB · Views: 91
  Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Maybe a fuel supply issue if everything is cranking. E.G fuel injectors , fuel filter.
I could of course be wrong

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
From the sound of your first video, I'm sorry to say, it sounds like your timing has slipped and you've got no compression.

Two ways to confirm/deny:

1 - Plugs out and carry out a compression test
2 - Check timing (Insert crank pin at TDC and check camshaft positions are correct).