ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4 8v gearbox

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
Hey guys, the gearbox on my mk2ph1 clio 1.4 8v is on it's way out sadly, according to the garage, at 74k. Now I won't be replacing it for a while hopefully, but in any case, the cost of buying and fitting a new gearbox is about the same as the value of the car, so my only real option is a second hand gearbox.

How long do the gearboxes on non sports usually last? Obviously depends on the driver, but is 74k around average, or a bit early. I only ask as this will give me an indication of what sort of milage gearbox to buy.

Will any mk2 gearbox fit? I assume not, due to different ratios for different capacity engines. Do I need specifically a 1.4 8v gearbox, or will others work fine?

Thanks in advance

M

mini-valver

2nd hand boxes are a minefield unfortunately. Unless you know the exact car it came from and how it was driven/maintained, you're making a gamble.

I've gone through a jb3 and a jb1 on my 1.6 but it wasnt standard. IMO, Give Joshydee @ Cliospares a ring and see what he has to offer and what warranty he'll provide. He was a fantatic help when I needed a box ASAP.

All Clio boxes from mk1 and mk2 will fit. Stick to a JB1 from a petrol and you wont go far wrong.

www.renparts.co.uk
were closed until early next week but we should have the correct one in stock, or if not i bought one today with one in. they seem to last ok. Yours at a guess if its the 1.4 sport will have the E7J 634 engine with the box that doesnt have the tapered bottom. If you are interested, please PM us and ill get back to you when i get a chance.
Regards
Josh