ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4 Remap?

2004 Clio 1.4 16v
Ok i know you prob heard it many times before.

Im new so here me out.

Surely spending hundreds on exhausts and air filters etc to gain few bhp then your air fuel ratio all then mucked up etc etc

so a remap for £150 with a 10/12 bhp increase has to be worth alot more value??

Whats your thoughts and anyone on here had remap on a 1.2 or 1.4?

Thanks

2004 Clio 1.4 16v
Surely even 6bhp for £150 with a more tuned engine will be better than a untuned engine with a £200 exhaust system and a £50 k&n filter??

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Seriously mate just don't bother. Fit an exhaust and ik if you fancy a bit more noise. A remap isn't req'd

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was in your shoes a couple of years ago. Wasted muchos pesos on a 1.4 then traded it in at a loss for an r27, which felt like an absolute rocket compared to the 1.4.

Put the £150 + any money you want to spend on performance mods into a savings account! then use it as a deposit for a quicker car.

...pennywell, in Sunderland, op?

Clio MK3
I have a 1.4 mk3 clio and I was thinking about doing some mods to it, but I think you are better off keeping it clean and maybe adding some tasteful appearance mods, but leave the engine alone. The 1.4 is not worth for modifying IMO. If you really want to do it then go for it, as at the end of the day it's your car!

2004 Clio 1.4 16v
I really went with the 1.4 over the 1.6 mainly cos i wrote my corsa off and goes down as my fault, Thought it may be risky going for a 1.6 as my insurance may jump alot next year.

Just didnt really wanna go down same route of corsa seriously loud exhaust etc

On plus side the 1.4 clio was alot less insurance group to my corsa so come next year hopefully shouldn't see a rise in my premium. This was my first crash ever.