ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4i Modsss

clio1.4 sport
Right ...... i have a 1.4i 8v clio with a 172 kit on it but the look is there but not that much ummfff !
been looking around and i have found an inlet manifold off a 172 could this be fitted onto my car and also could i fit a manifold of a 172 onto it ? any info will be appreciated

.... also do not tell me too just get a 172 because i carnt afford insurance for one and another thing is that it is 2 grand for myn atm so even if i waited 2 years its still going to be sky high

cheers

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I had one of those for over 3 years and Im afraid you're flogging a dead horse looking for power. I had a pipercross induction kit that lost it power! Nothing off a 172 can fit on the engine and if it did it would make very little difference.

If you're determined to get it up to say 80-85bhp then a decat and a decent exhaust, an uprated air filter and a remap might see you there but that little lot will be about a grand!

BG 182
Don't hunt for power out of it matey, you won't find much! As Djw John said, nothing really of a 172 block will fit yours and actually work lol. Either carry out a few cosmetic mods until you can afford some fun, or, as I would probably do, Look into the line of a clio dci 80 maybe? Cheap to run/tax/insure, and you would be surprised as to just how nippy they are...

Get an insurance quote...

MK2 Clio
If you can't afford a 172 don't have one, but if your insurance is high, illegally adding performance to your car is a stupid idea isn't it? You get caught and your insurance goes up or you get in trouble? Wait til you can get waht you want...