ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.5 dCi mods

clio 1.5DCi 100
Firstly accept my apologies if you get this a lot from novices, but I'm looking at upgrading the engine of my mk2 clio 1.5 dci to get a little more bhp from it. I've had her a few months and think its time to get to work on her. She's the 65 brake version. What can I do to get the hp up without spending a fortune! (Student)!!! Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

clio 1.5DCi 100
Just so you know and to clarify, the only reason I went with the dci is because I travel to uni and home round trip 100 , miles a day and so needed something with high mpg and yet still remained fun! I originally bought a 1.9 diesel vw polo to do the trick but unfortunately (or more so fortunately) I killed her in the first 4 months! Oops!!

Focus RS + S3
I have a dci 65 as a daily too and have looked into getting a little more power

The general gist i can gather from other members is that the injectors are a limiting factor as there isnt a suitable upgrade or them at the moment restricting max power to around 120 bhp? Or something like that,

But i think people will recommend an intercooler of some sort, either off a higher spec DCi 80 or 100, or a custom job, ive seen people fit them off tdci fords with custom pipework and maybe a remap if you're not looking to spend crazy money

Thats just what ive found when looking on here,someone will be along and clear it all up

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Are you savvy with engine swaps? Drop a dci100 engine or megane 175 engine in.

otherwise, dci100 injectors, intercooler, fuel pump iirc and remap. Speak to tonkatruck or razco on here, they know more about dcis

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
hi!:D

fellow dci 80 owner( with mods )

if you have a 65 , you can go about it a few ways

> remap and intercooler + custom exhaust ( decatt)
> dci 80 injectors OR 100 injectors ( possible pump change ) , intercooler + custom exhaust.
> dci 100 transplant ( bottom end built better due to 26mm pins on the pistons AND have a better turbo set up )

all that asside , you can look into hybrid turbo set ups delivering a better flow of boost over the range.

you will need to put an uprated clutch in if you want anything near 128 or over BHP wise as the standard clutch will start to slip with the torque delivered.

DCI renault sport 175 engine can be made to work altho ALLOT of money

tbh you need deep pockets if aiming for anything superb over 128 bhp

PLEASE take note * dci 65/80/100 injectors cannot deliver anymore fuel needed for over 130 bhp due to the injector cycles will be maxed out *

Clio III DCi 106
How much would you be talking for a 2.0 175 these days?
Is it over hard to swap? What else needs changed or custom made?

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
PLEASE take note * dci 65/80/100 injectors cannot deliver anymore fuel needed for over 130 bhp due to the injector cycles will be maxed out *

www.cliodci.net is the best place for yourself.

just a side note, no other injectors fit the dci lump apart from standard.
(that's if you had in mind upgrading the injectors to get more bhp)

personally if I had a 65 and wanted more bhp, I'd buy a DCI 80 / 100 (17% more efficient) intercooler, then remap her. Jobs a good one.

I'd then expect to see 100bhp 185lb/ft roughly.

Last edited:
  Focus RS + S3
Just throwing it out there, i dont know how wrong i am,
I think its the K9K engine? (bear with me lol) thats these dci's use

Things like the nissan qashqai etc use the same engine but have some bigger power variants
could these injectors be made to work?

Or am i that far wrong im about to look stupid lol

Clio III DCi 106
I believe it is something to do with the physical size of the injectors. Nothing else fits into the head. I've always wondered if mk3 DCi injectors would fit a mk2...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mk3 injectors are much better they use a bosch fuel system rather than delphi that the mk2 use.

if i had a 65 id just stick a map on it for 90bhp or sell it on and buy a 100, its really not worth spending all the cash buying 80/100 injectors (they are the same), having them coded, intercooler and having it custom mapped when you could buy a 100 and get the better engine, turbo and gearbox along with rear discs from the factory.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Right for all thoses asking questions on injectors. Yes you can change them but its a faf about as you have to put copper inserts into the head and then have them machined out to fit better injectors. One lad did this but he had to piggy back anmother ecu to make the injectors ru..

Dci 175 isnt a straight conversion. Noones done it yet. I have looked into it, it can be done BUT its a friggin heavy engine to lugg around in a clio.

As for the 1.6dci injectors ( found in nissan mpv thingy ) i havent a clue on the actuall case size of the injectors. They may fit but getting hold of some to try will be a mission! May fit the mk3 dci as the engine design is far more refined ( k9k )

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Right for all thoses asking questions on injectors. Yes you can change them but its a faf about as you have to put copper inserts into the head and then have them machined out to fit better injectors. One lad did this but he had to piggy back anmother ecu to make the injectors ru..

Dci 175 isnt a straight conversion. Noones done it yet. I have looked into it, it can be done BUT its a friggin heavy engine to lugg around in a clio.

As for the 1.6dci injectors ( found in nissan mpv thingy ) i havent a clue on the actuall case size of the injectors. They may fit but getting hold of some to try will be a mission! May fit the mk3 dci as the engine design is far more refined ( k9k )

should of just said anything is do able with deep pockets bud ;)