ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.5 dci not starting after injector seal replacement

clio 2006
Hello. Bit of a tough one...

I changed an injector seal on a 2006 CLIO 1.5 DCI today, and the job went without a hitch. After the seal change, the engine started instantly, but there was a bit of air escaping so removed injector and reseated it on a new copper injector seal. But this time when back together, the car wouldn't start, it turns over but doesn't fire.

I've checked the fuel, and the pressure is good, and put a 'zoid' on the injector wire, but the light isn't lighting, meaning the ECU is not sending a signal to the injectors.

I've checked every fuse, and checked every relay - all in good condition.

What's the chance of a new problem occurring while I'm doing a simple repair? There are no OBDII codes.

I'm considering replacing the camshaft and crankshaft sensors, but I have not done any work near them.

Any thoughts on anything which could have created a secondary problem while replacing an injector seal?

thanks