ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.5dci 100bhp

Thinking of getting one.. Do many people here have them? What they like to drive?

What sort of mods do people do to them and what sort of power gains do you get from these mods? I heard that a remap can take it to 120bhp.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
They break, alot, not sure what exactly but the people in the know on here say get the 80.

100 seems pretty rare, or at least very hard to find. Gearbox's are strong enough on the 100 but are prone to failing.

An 80 can be remapped to well over 100 or so I'm lead to believe.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
When I was thinking about a DCi I read quite a few reports that said the 80 had a different and stronger box than the 100. Not sure how true that is but you'll probably find an more easily.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I was under the impression the 100 had a different gearbox to the others.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
My clio DCi 106hp (57 reg) has the same box from a 197 & 225....

Not sure if the 100 is a older model or something....

Also worth noting that the 1.5dci is also in the new Nissan Micra... its a Nissan designed engine and often worth checking with Nissan and Reanult on prices of parts....

CB600FS
its the same engine and box in both the 100 and 80 as the renault kangoo van/ nissan kubistar

The Kangoo started to use the JR5 in 2006 to get rid of the last of them I guess - the 80 and the 100 Clios use different boxes though.

I was under the impression the 100 had a different gearbox to the others.

Yeah all 3 do.

DCI 65 - JB3
DCI 80 - JC5
DCI 100 - JR5