ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.6 16v operating temp low?

Clio 1.6 16v
Hi all.

Just bought a 2005 clio 1.6 16v Dynamique.

its done a fair few miles, but seems fine, except for one thing.

The operating temp doesn't seem quite right.
when driving it's generally 2 bars up on the digital display, if I leave it running it'll go to 4, but will generally drop again when I drive.

i planned to do the thermostat, but it seems it's the whole housing and won't be such a cheap job, so I'd like to find a proper diagnosis before going ahead.

Is this normal? Or could it be anything else?

It idles pretty low on tick over Too and seems a little jumpy or vibrates a bit. I've just serviced it today and it's the same, but if there's jobs I can do for free first, it'd be nice to do these before spending money out.

Thanks, and apologies for the essay!

Clio 1.6 16v
In terms of operating temp, sounds pretty normal, mine is usually 2 bars up on the digital display.

Really?
Assumed that was a touch low.
it does occasionally go up to 4 bars then down but it never cuts the fan in at all, well not when left running for 15 mins or so

Thanks

Albi 197
My old 1.2 generally showed 2 bars first, then up to 4 bars when warmed up, never saw it go any higher though.

Clio 1.6 16v
My partners 1.2 has analogue and is generally on half when warmed up... Confirms that mine must run cold.

It rarely goes above the 2 bars

Cheers